Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

MLB 2K10

Can someone tell me how to steal a base after the pitcher throws his pitch? The instructions say to hold the left trigger and when I do that the runner starts running before the pitcher throws the ball and gets picked off easily. Anyone wanna help me out with that?

You need to hold the LT and then release it when the pitcher begins his pitching animation. It's all about timing.

This is my strategy:

For fast runners (speed around 90), press LT twice (to take two strides for a lead) and then hold the LT on the third stride and release when the pitcher starts the windup.

For fairly speedy runners (80-89), I take three strides and steal on the fourth. Be careful when doing this, because taking such a big lead may cause the pitcher to throw your way. Be prepared and rapidly tap RT to get back to the base. You may get picked off a few times, it's just part of the game.

Again, this is all about timing. Know your pitcher and try and anticipate when a breaking ball is going to be thrown to the batter. You also have a better chance if the pitcher has a unique windup that takes a longer duration than most pitchers.

You need to hold the LT and then release it when the pitcher begins his pitching animation. It's all about timing.

This is my strategy:

For fast runners (speed around 90), press LT twice (to take two strides for a lead) and then hold the LT on the third stride and release when the pitcher starts the windup.

For fairly speedy runners (80-89), I take three strides and steal on the fourth. Be careful when doing this, because taking such a big lead may cause the pitcher to throw your way. Be prepared and rapidly tap RT to get back to the base. You may get picked off a few times, it's just part of the game.

Again, this is all about timing. Know your pitcher and try and anticipate when a breaking ball is going to be thrown to the batter. You also have a better chance if the pitcher has a unique windup that takes a longer duration than most pitchers.

Good advice. Thanks for that. Thats really the only part of the game I can't get right. I threw a perfect game today. I really wish I could've been the first one so I could have got that million dollars!

Good advice. Thanks for that. Thats really the only part of the game I can't get right. I threw a perfect game today. I really wish I could've been the first one so I could have got that million dollars!

I still haven't thrown a no-hitter or a perfect game. I'm too keen on throwing strikes and getting K's, I get too greedy...

I still haven't thrown a no-hitter or a perfect game. I'm too keen on throwing strikes and getting K's, I get too greedy...

I pitched a perfect game the other day. I was so nervous in the 9th haha. I wish it was for the million though. I wooped up on the Phils 19-0 and Tommy Hanson (Braves) had 18 Ks.