Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Magic Sign Robinson

I'm glad anyone with idiotic schemes and harebrained thoughts can use the term "book it" to make themselves sound cool and look smart

Ok. Let me try. Jameer and Redick have break out seasons. Book it.

Did it work?

At the AAU Super Showcase I was able to talk to both Jim Calhoun and his assistant Kevin Ollie of UCONN about Stanley Robinson. Coach Calhoun told me that Stanley was a GREAT kid and very ATHLETIC. He felt that he had a chance to be a very good pro and the Magic got a steal. Kevin Ollie, who just retired from the NBA and had a brief stay with the Magic in his playing days, felt that Stanley would surprise people with his shooting ability. Let's hope that they are both right.

At the AAU Super Showcase I was able to talk to both Jim Calhoun and his assistant Kevin Ollie of UCONN about Stanley Robinson. Coach Calhoun told me that Stanley was a GREAT kid and very ATHLETIC. He felt that he had a chance to be a very good pro and the Magic got a steal. Kevin Ollie, who just retired from the NBA and had a brief stay with the Magic in his playing days, felt that Stanley would surprise people with his shooting ability. Let's hope that they are both right.

I hope Calhoun is correct but you can't necessarily trust the opinion of Robinson's college coach. Calhoun wants Robison to succeed because he has built a relationship with the kid and it makes the UConn program look stronger if Robinson does turn into a good pro. He's pretty biased on the subject.

Now I have a Duke guy (JJ) and a UConn guy to root for.

Sticks had a few great moments in summer league.. if he works hard on his game, especially his outside shot, we could have a very nyce (and cheap!) rotation player for years to come.

That crowd... is pathetic

They are. I would have expected this if the Sixers were the away team, but dang...