Sign in to follow this  
magicLA

NOLA trades Collison = no CP3 to Magic?

To me this signals the immediate end of CP3's chances of getting traded at all. Now, if he actually WERE to get traded, I think our chances of landing him as opposed to another team just went up. There's no more Jameer Nelson/Darren Collison both with the Hornets concern in a potential trade now.

Only way we get him is at the deadline or next summer, and Chris Paul would have to reach Terrell Owens-like proportions of a distraction before they'd let him go. The biggest hurdle in getting Chris Paul isn't the Knicks, Mavericks, or Blazers... it's the New Orleans Hornets, like it has been from the beginning.

A few random thoughts about the reported trade:

I don't see how losing Collison/Posey and getting back Trevor Ariza is going to make the team that much better, although it does at least balance the roster a bit. i find it hard to belive they couldn't get more for Collison than.. Ariza?

At least poor C-Lee is on a respectable team now in Houston, rather than the death trap that is Jersey.

Darren Collison in Indiana? His fantasy stock just skyrocketed.

Basically the Hornets BETTER find a way to make CP3 happy, because they all but gave away their PG safety net.

• Upvote 1

To me this signals the immediate end of CP3's chances of getting traded at all. Now, if he actually WERE to get traded, I think our chances of landing him as opposed to another team just went up. There's no more Jameer Nelson/Darren Collison both with the Hornets concern in a potential trade now.

Only way we get him is at the deadline or next summer, and Chris Paul would have to reach Terrell Owens-like proportions of a distraction before they'd let him go. The biggest hurdle in getting Chris Paul isn't the Knicks, Mavericks, or Blazers... it's the New Orleans Hornets, like it has been from the beginning.

A few random thoughts about the reported trade:

I don't see how losing Collison/Posey and getting back Trevor Ariza is going to make the team that much better, although it does at least balance the roster a bit. i find it hard to belive they couldn't get more for Collison than.. Ariza?

At least poor C-Lee is on a respectable team now in Houston, rather than the death trap that is Jersey.

Darren Collison in Indiana? His fantasy stock just skyrocketed.

Basically the Hornets BETTER find a way to make CP3 happy, because they all but gave away their PG safety net.

The more i think about the trade, the more i wonder how they only received ariza. You would think that NOLA would at least request for Paul George to be included as well.

Wright for Belinelli was a steal though.

weird trade all around...

I like it for Houston and Indy. Houston cuts salary and get's a solid defender who won't dominate the ball and Granger FINALLY get's his PG, hopefully. NJ adding yet ANOTHER PF? and this one gets paid A LOT but comes off the books soon, I guess. NOLA going in for Ariza? idk mane.

loving the reports already out about Posey being bought out by Indy and Boston and Miami licking their chops to pick him up...

trading ariza and getting back lee would count as a small deal imo

so you are steve kyler...

...it was a four team deal involving various starters for multiple teams - Ariza (regardless of wether he panned out or not) was a major acquisition for Houston last offseason - trading that is no small deal...a small deal would be anthony johnson for brian scalabrine

so you are steve kyler...

...it was a four team deal involving various starters for multiple teams - Ariza (regardless of wether he panned out or not) was a major acquisition for Houston last offseason - trading that is no small deal...a small deal would be anthony johnson for brian scalabrine

or maybe Julian Wright for Marco Belinelli...

Well, this is terrible news to come home to. But I don't understand why the Hornets do this. I thought they could get more for a package with Collison. The only good that comes out of this, is that IF the Hornets put CP3 on the market (which it doesn't look like at this point), then I think we have the best chance to nab him since we could give them Jameer. I wonder how CP3 feels about this...

The more i think about the trade, the more i wonder how they only received ariza. You would think that NOLA would at least request for Paul George to be included as well.

Wright for Belinelli was a steal though.

they definitely got short changed ...they are gonna be pretty decent but doubtfully enough to keep CP3 - though they still have Peja's big expiring

CP3

Thorton/Belinelli

Ariza/Peja

West

Okafor