Sign in to follow this  
The Total Tommy

Pistons openly shopping Rip and Prince.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68583/20100808/pistons_still_shopping_prince_hamilton/

Detroit has been making both Tayshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton available via trade.

"Pistons have been shopping Rip and Tayshaun for ages, so logjam at SG and SF might not continue to be logjam if deal ever materializes," Stein wrote on his Twitter page.

Take it for what it's worth (RealGM), but would any of you do this if you were Otis?

They have been shopping them for years, and no, apparently no one is interested.

Actually people have been interested in Prince, they just haven't made an offer that interests Dumars.

• Upvote 1

I don't like Rip in our offense. I don't think anyone here does.

He'd be okay taking pressure off Dwight with the screen game. When the defense is focused on Rip, we can use Dwight in the post. But then again, we have to change our offensive scheming somewhat dramatically.

On the other hand, I really would like Prince on our team. We need someone like him, a gamer. He's someone who shows up to play every game and he's a definite upgrade to our defense.

With this said, I don't think we make a run for either.

I don't like Rip in our offense. I don't think anyone here does.

Completely agree. I think anyone with any kind of basketball smarts could see that. The only option is Prince, and as stated, it's hard to find a deal that works.

Well adding either would mean shipping at least one of the following:

Vince - We could get better value elsewhere or at trade dealine

JJ - Absolutely not

Pietrus -Preferably not

All in all, we woldn't be doing much to improve our team and we'd have better options elsewhere. Q Rich can't be dealt until like December, I believe, and JJ and Pietrus are much more valuable to this team than Prince would be, IMO. I'd much rather hold on to VC's expiring and sendng him somewhere at the trade dealine for a better piece

I've always been a big Prince fan. He put on a great show during the halftime a few years ago at the Super Bowl. I also remember seeing him play basketball on the Dave Chappelle Show. That was a great segment. Rip would've been good to have a few years ago, but not now.

Completely agree. I think anyone with any kind of basketball smarts could see that. The only option is Prince, and as stated, it's hard to find a deal that works.

I must not have any basketball smarts then. Rip doesn't dominate the ball on offense. He runs around screens, shoots when he is open and passes when he's not. He's actually a very unselfish player. I personally like the move. We get tougher on the perimeter, particularly defensively, without losing any offense. Actually, at this point, Hamilton is probably a better offensive option than Carter.