Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Comedy skits

That is two entirely different things. I can say that Creed is the greatest band of all time without the fear of being wrong...although I would be pushing it. There is no factual evidence that disproves that Creed is not the best band ever. If I were to say that Matt Geiger is the greatest basketball player of alltime, DOM would have an encyclopedia of stats to prove that Geiger is no where close to the greatest player ever.

I'll say it again, the only difference between who I consider the greatest artist/comedian/band ever and what is widely considered the greatest ever is the amount of people that believe it. It's all a popularity contest. Unless you can prove me wrong. I would love to hear what factual evidence you have to support your choice for favorite band.

I didn't say it was right, but everyone here knows that's how it happens.

When you decide the best basketball player, you can look at objective criteria in statistics and accolades, as well as consider the competition and the rules in place. We're trying to say that there IS no objective criteria to base the judgment of the quality of art on. A community forming a "best" list is just a bunch of people getting together with their own "favorite" lists.

pretty much. It's generally the most compelling argument that creates the best. Generally it requires some talented, famous person in the business to say "_____ was the best ____ ever" and his opinion generally holds more weight than ours because of an assumption that they know the ins and outs of the industry better.

again, i'm not saying this is the right way to go about things, but this is how the world works.

pretty much. It's generally the most compelling argument that creates the best. Generally it requires some talented, famous person in the business to say "_____ was the best ____ ever" and his opinion generally holds more weight than ours because of an assumption that they know the ins and outs of the industry better.

again, i'm not saying this is the right way to go about things, but this is how the world works.

Yeah, I got you. You're right. It's all about popular opinion. That is what determines "greatness". In fact, in my first response, I admitted that particular artists' reputations were bolstered by their deaths. I just wouldn't hold that against them when judging them for yourself. I don't mean you personally, I mean, like, anybody. Whatever. This was dumb. Dammit, Trey.

You rival Skip Bayless for "Ridiculous, controversial crap that's usually never true and is bound to create some sort of disgruntled argument over it".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I've never heard of the other guys, but Eddie Izzard is brilliant.

Definitely give Lee Evans and Peter Kay a watch, they're very funny. Though they are both very hard to understand. Lee Evans talks too fast and Peter Kay has a very broad accent so you could end up understanding nothing at all if you struggle with daft British accents!.

God, will someone stop making this thread what it shouldn't be?

We're talking bout Comedy for god's sake, you don't need to moan in every thread.

The only thing I retained from the excessive amount of paragraphs in here was "Avatar was incredibly mediocre" and that my friends, is so truthful.

Wow, that sucked. It was like a girl that looked better than any you had seen before but blew it all when she opened her mouth.

No pun intended

We're talking bout Comedy for god's sake, you don't need to moan in every thread.

The only thing I retained from the excessive amount of paragraphs in here was "Avatar was incredibly mediocre" and that my friends, is so truthful.

Wow, that sucked. It was like a girl that looked better than any you had seen before but blew it all when she opened her mouth.

No pun intended

You're a little late, seeing as how everyone stopped talking about it a long time ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

No pun intended

You're right. If there is anything this forum is definitely not for, it's discussion. My apologies, and apologies on behalf of everyone else involved here. We were out of line.

You're right. If there is anything this forum is definitely not for, it's discussion. My apologies, and apologies on behalf of everyone else involved here. We were out of line.

its especially annoying that there's so much to talk about in the nba right now and we're sitting here twiddling our thumbs.

No. I actually thought Hedberg's first two albums were great, whereas his last one (2008) wasn't even close. That still doesn't change that fact that I thought his first two albums were incredible. Him dying had no real effect to how much I liked his comedy and how funny I thought he was. This is the same approach I have with bands. Circa Survive being an example. I thought their first album was incredible, and feel like the quality of their the last two albums have gone down, but I still love their first album and them breaking up wouldn't make me appreciate their last two any more than I do now.

Heath Ledger dying had nothing to do with his success. It was the fact that his role was and acting in that movie was incredible, as well as the fact that it was a Batman movie, which was incredibly hyped from the start. Had Ledger played such an incredible role in a not-so incredible movie (as a whole), and died after, it wouldn't have been the same. He had tons of nominations for his role in Brokeback Mountain, but guess what? The Dark Knight made nearly 6x more money worldwide with far better reviews and a lot more people watching. What am I trying to get at? More people watched it, more people loved it, more people talked about it, you heard about it more. The movie was being hyped up to a serious level before Ledger's death and you had people already talking about it being MOTY. The popularity of the film is what got Ledger's reputation (as well as his incredible acting).

Here's a better way to put it: You go to a club and perform in front of 10 people. 5 of them think you were great and all talk about it.

You go to a much bigger club and perform in front of 100 people. 50 of them think you were great and all talk about it.

You being very good is what got you in that bigger club to begin with. The same ratio of people thought you were great, but since a lot more of them were exposed to it, you got more people talking.

Ledger isn't overrated in any way, and the reason why so many people talk about him is because so many people watched The Dark Knight. His death, in no way at all, made me take a look at his previous films and think "Wow, this guy never declined". In fact, I didn't even care for his other movies.

Jesus, this is a lot of pointless drivel. Do you understand what I'm trying to get at?

And Trey just says things to be controversial.

You mean like when The Hurt Locker won Best Picture last year even though only five people saw it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

You mean like when The Hurt Locker won Best Picture last year even though only five people saw it?

i saw it

i defend you and you say this :svgsad:

Seriously, I forgot about Hurt Locker! Maybe because it was so interesting

I mean, c'mon. It just won something because the director or something was a woman.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound rude but people nowadays jump on some things just because they're different

Like voting for Obama. Some people just went there and said, hey he's black let's vote. I don't think it was a wrong choice but don't choose something just because it's different. First you have to think about it.

PS: btw, people who believe in races among humans say I'm black