Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NCAA Football 2010 Season Thread

Congrats to UCF, big accomplishment getting the first ranking in history (although FSU would still beat them). Florida being ranked is an absolute joke though, the media rides the SEC's dick so hard, even this year when they're the fourth best conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Congrats to UCF, big accomplishment getting the first ranking in history (although FSU would still beat them). Florida being ranked is an absolute joke though, the media rides the SEC's dick so hard, even this year when they're the fourth best conference.

It really makes you wonder where UCF could be if they had finished against NC State and K-State. You could honestly say that if two plays go different right now UCF would already have been ranked, and may be talking about busting the top-10 and possibly an at large BCS bid.

I'd line up the SEC against every conference this year with the exception of the PAC-10, and even then I'd call it a tie. Auburn, LSU, and Alabama are three of the best programs in the nation. Miss ST, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Florida are all only a little bit behind them. 7 out of 12 teams in the top 25 coaches poll doesn't lie. Florida should be ranked and I believe they will validate it next week against South Carolina. Their only 3 losses came to ranked teams, two of which were undefeated at the time.

It really makes you wonder where UCF could be if they had finished against UCF and K-State. You could honestly say that if two plays go different right now UCF would already have been ranked, and may be talking about busting the top-10 and possibly an at large BCS bid.

like how the refs missed a holding call on godfrey's first pick?

i went to the web site of one of the computer polls that the bcs uses and they have a "what if" function and if ucf would have been unbeaten they would have us ranked 7 in their poll

Same could be said about Florida State. We shot ourselves in the foot in both of these last two losses. Ponder went "Tony Romo" on us against NC State and then Dustin Hopkins went "Garrett Hartley" on us against UNC. We would be 8-1 and more than likely in the Top 10.

As far as the SEC goes, it's more overrated than ever (if that's even possible). Alabama is their only really great team, and they have two losses. I'm warming up more to Auburn, but I still look at them as the Cavs of college football. If Cam Newton was to go down they would be their usual 7-5 Auburn team. Mississippi State being ranked is a joke, and South Carolina got a fluke win against Bama. Without that win everyone would look at them as a mediocre team, which they are. LSU is mediocre at best, and I'm a supporter of LSU.

Florida (be ready to see this post get a lot of negative rep from Gator homers) is a BAD football team this year. They struggled against Miami, and not even the real one. They almost lost to USF, BJ Daniels saved the Gators (I wish he had thrown the ball like that against us last year). Then they lost three straight games, including one at home to Miss St (don't care what the media says, they're bad). They're going to lose to South Carolina, who's again a mediocre team. What makes me mad is everyone blames the Gators being bad this year because Tebow is gone. Uh, no, EVERYONE is gone. The guy who called the plays for Tebow is gone. The WRs who would take Tebow's check downs and make them 60 yard TDs are gone. The TE who would bail Tebow out is gone. The defense (and DC) who were the real stars of the Gators are gone. That was a GREAT team, a damn dynasty, and they're all gone. Yet, let's only mention the golden boy who honestly, when we look back we'll say "Damn, we really did overrate that guy. I mean, he only really won one national title, he was on the bench for the other one. And had Dennis Dixon not gotten hurt he wouldn't have even won a Heisman. How silly we were to say he's the greatest player ever, he wasn't even the best Gator. He was good, but not great."

FWIW the computers have the SEC ranked as the third best conference this year.

Boom. And that's with the computers also having to take into account the media and coaches riding the SEC's jock (basically, the reason Miss St is ranked in the BCS).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Boom. And that's with the computers also having to take into account the media and coaches riding the SEC's jock (basically, the reason Miss St is ranked in the BCS).

The AP still ranks the SEC as #1 so yes.