Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NCAA Football 2010 Season Thread

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/11/gators-seminoles-ucf-hurricanes.html

The best college football team in the State of Florida is not the Florida Gators, the Florida State Seminoles or the Miami Hurricanes.

It is not even the South Florida Bulls.

The best team in our football-fanatical pigskin peninsula is right here in East Orlando — George O’Leary and his UCF Knights.

And that’s not just me talking. College football coaches across the country are starting to think the same thing. In fact, the latest USA Today coach’s poll lends at least some credence to my contention.

Florida State is ranked No. 24 in the poll, but guess what? UCF, after its 49-35 win over East Carolina Saturday, received the 29th-most points in the poll – ahead of both Florida and Miami.

Hey at least I didn't say UCF was the best in the state. I just said we were deffinitely in competition....

Just because some blogger is an idiot doesn't mean it's correct.

I think what I said at the bottom meant I don't think he is right. I believe UCF should at the very least be in the discussion as the best team in the state, but I certainly don't think they are. I still believe they would beat every team in the state not named the Gators or Noles.

I think what I said at the bottom meant I don't think he is right. I believe UCF should at the very least be in the discussion as the best team in the state, but I certainly don't think they are. I still believe they would beat every team in the state not named the Gators or Noles.

Don't mind me, I'm just bitter still from the Final Four.

this season is good timing for UCF because the big east voted to expand

link

its not going to be ucf. TCU has a better football resume and their TV market helps. If USF wasn't there I'd understand that move but UCF doesn't help the Big East at all. UCF generally fails to beat any OOC opponents so I don't understand how they'd be the good choice.

its not going to be ucf. TCU has a better football resume and their TV market helps. If USF wasn't there I'd understand that move but UCF doesn't help the Big East at all. UCF generally fails to beat any OOC opponents so I don't understand how they'd be the good choice.

Well seeing as they are adding TWO teams and not ONE then UCF yes still becomes the second best choice to add to the big east. Here is a little article on top candidates for big east expansion ESPN did.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/31649/top-candidates-for-big-east-expansion

They list UCF at number 2:

2. Central Florida: Geographically, UCF makes the most sense, giving the league another foothold in Florida and a natural rival for USF. The school has a huge student body and brand new facilities with a potential for quick growth. The downside is extra competition for recruits out of Florida for other Big East teams.

-UCF is by the way now the second largest university in the nation behind only Arizona State with 56,235 students. It is the only school in the top 10 that is not in a BCS conference.

I don't see anyone else out there with the exception of maybe Notre Dame and TCU that would be easier sells to a BCS school. And with ND dragging their heels stil, UCF becomes the easiest choice after TCU. The only other school the Big East would add before UCF is Villanova for the pure and only reason it is already in as a bball school, but they won't even be ready to join for at least another two seasons due to lack of facilities. I can say Houston has a chance as well, but UCF has already proven to be a better team than Houston.

And also, TCU to the Big East is not a done deal either. The BE needs them more then TCU needs the BE. With the big 12 looking to replace the members they lost recently, there going to be looking for people to take and I won't be stunned at all if they come calling TCU and Houston to be those teams. And that makes much more sense for TCU and Houston to do, both Geographically and money wise. If I were them, I'd tell the big east to piss off and wait for the inevitable call from the big 12.

Well seeing as they are adding TWO teams and not ONE then UCF yes still becomes the second best choice to add to the big east. Here is a little article on top candidates for big east expansion ESPN did.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/31649/top-candidates-for-big-east-expansion

They list UCF at number 2:

-UCF is by the way now the second largest university in the nation behind only Arizona State with 56,235 students. It is the only school in the top 10 that is not in a BCS conference.

I don't see anyone else out there with the exception of maybe Notre Dame and TCU that would be easier sells to a BCS school. And with ND dragging their heels stil, UCF becomes the easiest choice after TCU. The only other school the Big East would add before UCF is Villanova for the pure and only reason it is already in as a bball school, but they won't even be ready to join for at least another two seasons due to lack of facilities. I can say Houston has a chance as well, but UCF has already proven to be a better team than Houston.

yet that gigantic student/alumni population can't sell out every game. I'm not knocking UCF, im just saying it doesn't make sense for the big east. Plus USF will want to block it from happening.

yet that gigantic student/alumni population can't sell out every game. I'm not knocking UCF, im just saying it doesn't make sense for the big east. Plus USF will want to block it from happening.

USF is no longer looking to block that. Their coach (former head coach of ECU) has already said he is open to renewing the rivalry between the two teams and hopes they do. The only person at USF who was looking to stop that was Leavitt and he got the boot.

And I doubt the BE will care about UCF's attendance numbers especially when you consider many of it's own football members. USF has not even come close to selling out a game all year (in fact it has routinely had a lower attendance this season, and they are also a top 10 population school). Then you go look at some of their other schools: Syracuse, who is having one of their best seasons since McNabb, has not been able to sell out, at all. And Cinci and Louisville has seen their attendance also plummet this season as well.

Big win for the Knights today over Houston. One more left on the schedule with Southern Miss then all that is left is Tulane and Memphis.

Not only that but depending on how things happen in front of them, UCF may have just won their way into the top 25 for the first time in school history.

Big win for the Knights today over Houston. One more left on the schedule with Southern Miss then all that is left is Tulane and Memphis.

Not only that but depending on how things happen in front of them, UCF may have just won their way into the top 25 for the first time in school history.

godfrey is something special 400 yards total 3 tds 2 pass 1 rush no turn overs for a true freshman in a conference road game

i need to get a godfrey jersey