Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Madden 11 Thread

I'm sure we have alot of members on the boards who play madden. Anyone interested in starting up an Orlando Magic Forum Madden League? I'm sticking my vote in for the Xbox 360 Version.....

I didn't realize that it was already time for this year's 60 dollar roster update/graphics tweak to the Madden franchise. Where does the time go?

And to answer the earlier question about the Creamsicle Tampa jerseys, the answer is that the combination of those jerseys plus the amount of direct sunlight they got in the Big Sombrero left a situation where the jerseys were at any given time blinding you, or screaming "We're a bunch of sissies".

And as for Tennessee, I hate their uniform colors too, but there's a lot more leeway in a college environment than there is in a pro environment for things like bright orange jerseys and blue fields and the like. The NFL puts much more thought into the idea of intimidation than the college game does, and the old Bucs jerseys were about as scary looking as a door stop.

It didn't help that their old mascot looked less like a buccaneer and more like a gay man playing a musketeer in a college theatre production.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I didn't realize that it was already time for this year's 60 dollar roster update/graphics tweak to the Madden franchise. Where does the time go?

at least this year the roster update comes with Gus Johnson narrating your exploits. Also they reworked a lot of the gameflow issues.

I think it's kinda a waste of money to grab madden every year, so i'm pretty happy i went on a two year hiatus for this one.

at least this year the roster update comes with Gus Johnson narrating your exploits. Also they reworked a lot of the gameflow issues.

I think it's kinda a waste of money to grab madden every year, so i'm pretty happy i went on a two year hiatus for this one.

I tend to buy sports games on 3-4 year cycles for just that reason. The increase in quality and the updated roster simply doesn't meet the cost of a new 60 dollar game. The Madden series in particular has been notorious for that.