Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

FAQ For the New Forum

Mods: I have a problem with this new board:

From time to time, half the pages on threads will not show on the main page, (little boxes with numbers in them won't

show the correct count), and when I go into the thread, it also shows the wrong page count at the bottom and top.

It should have no correlation to cache since it sometimes does this when i click on the "orlando magic forum" button at the bottom,

or revisit the main page during a short period after browsing to a thread or somewhere else.

The correct page count should stay in the cache for that short amount of time.

Restarting the web browser (chrome mostly) , or a Shift-F5 solves the problem most of the time.

Thanks

MA

I regularly get a very annoying problem. I can't get onto the boards for like 3-4 hours at a time, because the browser can't find it, 404 or something like that. I try different browsers and different computers, same result. And yeah, 3-4 hours later it works fine... for about 5 minutes, then it's back to a 3-4 hour wait.

This is the ONLY website I have problems like this. Anyone know what's wrong?

I use google crome and when I do every now and then get an error message and the page won't display, but once I hit refresh the page comes back up.

Echo the issue was for some reason when switching to chrome i had to go in Windows Display Settings >>> Appearance>>> Effects>>> and choose cleartype to smooth edges of screen fonts instead of the standard selection i've been using for the last 5 years

Echo i still have this problem at work so i found a better workaround solution...

I downloaded the Ubuntu font and installed it in the windows directory then i downloaded the ubuntu font extension from google chrome...

Beautiful music!!

• Upvote 1

Echo i still have this problem at work so i found a better workaround solution...

I downloaded the Ubuntu font and installed it in the windows directory then i downloaded the ubuntu font extension from google chrome...

Beautiful music!!

Thanks for posting your solution in here. If anyone else has the same problem, it could help them out!

Will the Website be fixed? Many times the internet explorer cannot find the Website. It is really disappointing not be able to get on the forum for days. Reading the boards on RealGM is not the same. I have no problems with any other Websites..

Will the Website be fixed? Many times the internet explorer cannot find the Website. It is really disappointing not be able to get on the forum for days. Reading the boards on RealGM is not the same. I have no problems with any other Websites..

I can't speak for the site management team, but I have no issues connecting to the website, especially for days at a time. It's not like there are a lot of people complaining about this either, which makes me think it's something on your end.

Deadman has this issue too though. He's in Australia, where are you from?

Maybe you two can compare notes, see if your outages correspond with one another, maybe there is something else you have in common (particular browser, ISP, something stupid, who knows?).

I can't speak for the site management team, but I have no issues connecting to the website, especially for days at a time. It's not like there are a lot of people complaining about this either, which makes me think it's something on your end.

I live in the Orlando area, but I think it is a problem in the website itself. I have no problems at all getting onto the NBA.com site, the Magic home page. I can read all the Blogs and Denton's comments. It is just that Internet Explorer cannot find the Website at times, and the f5 works sometimes, and not others. I noticed we do not have as many people on online as before with the old system.

I live in the Orlando area, but I think it is a problem in the website itself. I have no problems at all getting onto the NBA.com site, the Magic home page. I can read all the Blogs and Denton's comments. It is just that Internet Explorer cannot find the Website at times, and the f5 works sometimes, and not others. I noticed we do not have as many people on online as before with the old system.

That's the thing though, the web site is not down "for days" at a time. I usually am logged in all day at work, and most game nights. Sometimes I will back out of a thread and get a "sight not found" error message, but all I do is refresh and it's back up. If you are experiencing outages for hours, let alone days, it is not something that everyone else is experiencing. That suggests that the problem is on your end.

Why don't you tell me what version of IE you are running, and start logging your outages.

Have you talked to Dan about it? I don't think anyone else has the ability to help you. Try sending him a PM.

LOL, tried, get message claiming this member is not receiving new messages. Guess this is goodbye, long live the Ghost of Kitn.