Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

SVG & Otis contracts extended

Yes they are.

really? I thought they can fire your ass with no hesitation and not have to buy out your contract or none of that jazz.

either way I really don't see Stan being the coach of the magic after next season if they don't win a 'ship

• Downvote 3

really? I thought they can fire your ass with no hesitation and not have to buy out your contract or none of that jazz.

either way I really don't see Stan being the coach of the magic after next season if they don't win a 'ship

What exactly did you think the point of having a contract was under that assumption?

• Upvote 1

I don't think you understand the concept of an extension...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KandiKane:<BR>I do not understand this move by the Devos family. Now if the magic want to go in a different direction or if there is need of change this will make it way more difficult. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>Probably because the Devos family really likes this really strange thing called winning. Something that weirdly enough has been happening ever since those two have been put in charge. It's so mistifying. Why would the Devos family ever want to continue such a dumb tradition?

As far as I know, the Magic have not won a ring.

As far as I know, the Magic have not won a ring.

But have stayed competitive enough to continue working on the things that team has succeed on. Only one team wins a championship every year, and losing in the Finals or ECF is no reason to stop doing what you're doing. In fact, 4 teams out of 30 make it to the conference Finals, so you had to win quite a bit to get there, and had to be doing something right.

In other words, you don't blow up a team (or even drastically change, unless it's for an obvious upgrade such as Chris Paul) that has gotten where only one other team got to two years in a row (that team being the Lakers, but besides the Lakers, no other team in the league besides the Orlando Magic has gotten to the Finals and Conference Finals in the past two years).

What exactly did you think the point of having a contract was under that assumption?

obviously to give the coach a sense of job security.

coaches get fired all the time. how is their contracts guaranteed?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

obviously to give the coach a sense of job security.

coaches get fired all the time. how is their contracts guaranteed?

If they could be fired without repercussion, at any point in time, how would a contract give them a sense of job security?

If they could be fired without repercussion, at any point in time, how would a contract give them a sense of job security?

ooops. forgot the word 'false'

i meant a false sense of job security.

when teams underachieve the first person that gets blamed is the coach. mike brown's contract was extended until the end of next season....look what happened last month.

just because stan got a contract extension doesn't mean at any point in time he wont be subject to being fired. if this team is on the losing end again next year by him panicking instead of running offense plays and putting the right guys on the floor.......I'm pretty sure he's gonna get fired.

34fdtnm.jpg

• Downvote 4

ooops. forgot the word 'false'

i meant a false sense of job security.

when teams underachieve the first person that gets blamed is the coach. mike brown's contract was extended until the end of next season....look what happened last month.

just because stan got a contract extension doesn't mean at any point in time he wont be subject to being fired. if this team is on the losing end again next year by him panicking instead of running offense plays and putting the right guys on the floor.......I'm pretty sure he's gonna get fired.

34fdtnm.jpg

Again?

• Upvote 2