Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Prediction.

My only snag is the Magic game because last year's ORL-BOS Christmas game was such a yawner. But now they have the ECF rematch card they could play.

^^

This... the xmas day game was the only one i could get to last year and it was god awful SVG Sad

I predict:

Utah @ Chi

Magic @ HEAT

Celtics @ Lakers

AND

a 3-way trade:

T-Wolves get Okafor, Fran, and Magic 2012 1st round pick

Hornets get VC and Orton

Magic Get CP3 and Posey

Later

Pacers get Nelson

Magic get Murphy

Book IT!!!!

The NBA will unveil its Opening Week, Christmas Day and Martin Luther King Day schedules during an hour-long TV special on NBA TV Tuesday night, marking "the first time the league has released portions of it early."

Similarly, Martin Luther King Day features a day-long slate of games, typically culminating with a tripleheader on TNT (5:30, 8:00 and 10:30 PM ET). Last year's MLK Day line-up included an NBA Finals rematch (Magic/Lakers), while the previous year featured Kobe Bryant facing LeBron James (Cavaliers/Lakers).

The full 2009-10 NBA schedule will be released the following Tuesday (August 10).

http://www.sportsmediawatch.net/2010/07/holiday-road-nba-to-unveil-christmas.html#more

And our beloved league's love for the dramatic continues to become...well...more dramatic.

:svgsad:

quote:Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Christmas Day:

Lakers @ Celtics

Magic @ Heat

OKC @ Phoenix

Christmas day will be Magic @ Celtics and Lakers @ Heat

Late game will be Dallas @ Portland (for the red and green effect they always want.

Book it

I would prefer the late game Portland @ OKC. OKC fans are nuts man..would love to see them again on christmas day against a good young team(barring injury) Portland.

I said earlier this offseason that the Magic would not be as great as they were last year. The East is now stronger with all the new powers here. Who would have known the likes of Boozer and Stoudemire would move out east. Most of all, the only person that I knew would know the three all stars in the pits of Florida would join together was Live or Die.

The national television should be at least balanced when it comes to competition. I remember when the schedulers would remove our nationally televised games on our schedule because the Magic started to fail all expectations of being a playoff team. I wouldn't mind if they did that to any other team just for the ratings. Who wants to watch a team that is better than the other blow the competition out?

I sawthis tweet from Andre Aldridge on Twitter so I'll go with it.

Opening Night:

Heat @ Celtics

Thunder @ Lakers

Celtics are the defending EC after all, so they'll see the Heat first up.

The Thunder are the young future of the West and gave LA a good run in the first round. Lakers raise their banner.

Christmas Day games:

12:30 pm-Knicks @ Bulls (Amare vs Boozer, the 2010 FA big men show down)

3:00 pm-Magic @ Celtics (Another ECF rematch game and Boston's HC since they won it last season)

5:30 pm-Heat @ Lakers (Here it is, this was the same spot CLE-LAL played last year, replaced by Bron's new team and LAL back with HC for defending champs)

8:00 pm-Suns @ Spurs (rematch for Timmy D and his crew from a sweep last year)

10:30 pm-Dallas @ Denver (random shot but two Western power houses that should see Christmas day play time, Melo vs Dirk)

Opening Night:

Heat @ Celtics

Thunder @ Lakers

The Thunder are the young future of the West and gave LA a good run in the first round. Lakers raise their banner.

Christmas Day games:

3:00 pm-Magic @ Celtics (Another ECF rematch game and Boston's HC since they won it last season)

5:30 pm-Heat @ Lakers (Here it is, this was the same spot CLE-LAL played last year, replaced by Bron's new team and LAL back with HC for defending champs)

10:30 pm-Dallas @ Denver (random shot but two Western power houses that should see Christmas day play time, Melo vs Dirk)

Cool sig.

I guess I'd only watch the magic-Celtics and the Heat-Lakers.

I predict that the the Cavs will witness games only on local channels this year. They will play the Nets this year in an epic battle of bottom feeders.

Opening Night:

Heat @ Celtics

Thunder @ Lakers

Christmas Day games:

Close enough