quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

Or, you are a VC Fanboy and are therefore the butt of the joke, making you not like it.

if thats a joke, dont quit your day job. and if you joke on your day job please quit.

Huh?

Are all VC Fanboys this retarded?

yeah we are. your family should stop teaching

So VC fanboys are retarded?

yes we are. took one look at you and !!!!!!!!!!

super-cool-story-bro.png

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

Hey chris rock you think this thread his headed down the tubes?

2qtig4m.gif

Not when we got avatars like this on board!

mulher-melancia-***-shake-o.gif

quote:

The question that many people are asking, of course, is why did Carter struggle on offense? What did Carter do wrong?

Honestly?

Not a whole lot.

That may be surprising to read but it

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:

2qtig4m.gif

whoa

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:

2qtig4m.gif

SHAKE IT LIKE A SALTSHAKA SHAKE IT LIKE A SALT SHAKA

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

And which criticism is unnecessary, exactly?

take your pic oh great drunk one. lets see, there can be a post about anything else and somebody will use it to bash vince. hmmmmmmmmm lets see is that necessary or not. i guess it depends on who is judging.

Ok, little troll: I'll ask again. Which criticism, specifically, is unnecessary?

Or is this like a statute of limitations thing, where the board is collectively only allowed to criticize any one thing like 3 times and then they have to stop?

I'm not even mocking you. I literally just have no idea what point it is that you're trying to make, and you're flirting dangerously close to the "If you criticize Hedo, you're racist" level of bat-**** crazy.

quote:

quote:

quote:

take your pic oh great drunk one. lets see, there can be a post about anything else and somebody will use it to bash vince. hmmmmmmmmm lets see is that necessary or not. i guess it depends on who is judging.

Ok, little troll: I'll ask again. Which criticism, specifically, is unnecessary?

Or is this like a statute of limitations thing, where the board is collectively only allowed to criticize any one thing like 3 times and then they have to stop?

I'm not even mocking you. I literally just have no idea what point it is that you're trying to make, and you're flirting dangerously close to the "If you criticize Hedo, you're racist" level of bat-**** crazy.

hmmmm lets see, well how about, if we started a thread right now about, dwight howard being good, somewhere somehow, somebody will start bashing vince up there, as if he caused the magic to lose. one person even went so far to say, that we should get a bench player for him. wow. yesterday i would have responded to the troll comment, but this morning im not on that. so just like it is ok for people to say , how much they dislike vc, it is also ok for someone who does like him to say how much they do. i like the magic altogether. vince is my fav., but dwight howard is my second fav. player in the league. i love meer, i didnt care too much for matt barnes, but i didnt bash him either. i love rashard, and i wasnt going to bash him, after the celtic series either. i think back to lakers vs the celts and all of kobe's struggles against them, and his jumper was wet, but he still shot like 40 percent against them, but i heard no kobe bashing. IM NOT SAYING THAT VINCE CARTER IS GOOD AS KOBE. i just think vc lost his confidence, in that series, and if he was on nj team and all of the players were somehow traded to his team there, he probably would have still had his confidence, but being on someones else team, and shooting poorly, you hang your head sometimes.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

hmmmm lets see, well how about, if we started a thread right now about, dwight howard being good, somewhere somehow, somebody will start bashing vince up there, as if he caused the magic to lose. one person even went so far to say, that we should get a bench player for him. wow. yesterday i would have responded to the troll comment, but this morning im not on that. so just like it is ok for people to say , how much they dislike vc, it is also ok for someone who does like him to say how much they do. i like the magic altogether. vince is my fav., but dwight howard is my second fav. player in the league. i love meer, i didnt care too much for matt barnes, but i didnt bash him either. i love rashard, and i wasnt going to bash him, after the celtic series either. i think back to lakers vs the celts and all of kobe's struggles against them, and his jumper was wet, but he still shot like 40 percent against them, but i heard no kobe bashing. IM NOT SAYING THAT VINCE CARTER IS GOOD AS KOBE. i just think vc lost his confidence, in that series, and if he was on nj team and all of the players were somehow traded to his team there, he probably would have still had his confidence, but being on someones else team, and shooting poorly, you hang your head sometimes.

If someone derails a thread to talk about how Vince sucks in a thread not about Vince, that's a valid complaint. But the proper complaint is about the derailed thread, not about criticizing Vince.

But this thread was never derailed. You started it to make a point: a point that was, as I proved earlier, inaccurate and misleading. To say that criticism of Vince is unnecessary in a thread specifically meant to deflect criticism that already exists about Vince is at best silly and at worst indefensible.

And while it's true that Vince probably is criticized more on this board than he deserves(and I've said as much), the fact remains he played last year roughly at the level of "average starter", and that's about it.

Bottom line: if you don't want to read criticism of Vince, your first step should be to not make threads about Vince.

• Upvote 1

quote:
Originally posted by Dodgin' Bullitz:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If someone derails a thread to talk about how Vince sucks in a thread not about Vince, that's a valid complaint. But the proper complaint is about the derailed thread, not about criticizing Vince.

But this thread was never derailed. You started it to make a point: a point that was, as I proved earlier, inaccurate and misleading. To say that criticism of Vince is unnecessary in a thread specifically meant to deflect criticism that already exists about Vince is at best silly and at worst indefensible.

And while it's true that Vince probably is criticized more on this board than he deserves(and I've said as much), the fact remains he played last year roughly at the level of "average starter", and that's about it.

Bottom line: if you don't want to read criticism of Vince, your first step should be to not make threads about Vince.

i can take it. i find it funny that the main people that bash all the time get upset because i say something positive about him. if they cant take it maybe they need to stop.

quote:

i can take it. i find it funny that the main people that bash all the time get upset because i say something positive about him. if they cant take it maybe they need to stop.

If you "can take it", why would they need to stop?

Also, if you're going to adopt an adversarial position on this, which seems to be what you're doing, then you really have no right to complain about anything.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

VC didn't have a bad year. He had a bad month but not a bad year. Its the intangibles though.

The one shoulder injury where he looked like someone sniped him from somewhere. The other injuries that most players seem to brush off. The celebration with Boston players after every other Magic player was pissed, hurt or disappointed and walked off. There was VC, laughing his butt off cheesing with Boston after getting our hearts handed to us.

I don't think he has the intangibles to be a winner. He has the skill. The athleticism. Just not the intangibles. You won't find that on youtube or in stats. You find that in a person's morale and demeanor. He doesn't have that. I think at once early on in his career he did. Now, its just not there.

i agree with some of what you say. i dont take it upon myself to judge anyones desire by the things that they do. some people want vc and dwight to be different than they are. they want them to stop smiling and be meaner. you can judge a person by what you want them to do, or how you want them to act. not everybody cries at a funeral, and not everybody smiles at a wedding. if i were to talk to vince and he told me that he could care less, then i would be the first person up here saying trade him, but i wont guess whether or not he has heart, or if smiling and joking with the other team is right or wrong. He is a grown man, doing what he likes to do. at the end of the day, its basketball. last year when we put the cavs out, lebron didnt shake anybodys hand. that was an act of poor sportsmanship. does that mean that he is a poor sportsman, no it doesnt. me personally i think vc plays with heart, and passion. i do agree that sometimes his shot selection is questionable. i also think the same thing about kobe. i will admit something else i think that vince lacks the killer mentality at times. i believe that he has lost a step due to injuries, but i believe that losing a step for him is still a lot better than a lot of players still. i defend vince up here because he is my favorite player, and because i think that he gets unfairly criticized. i think lebron james does too. [thats another story.] vince makes mistakes no doubt, but my point is what other player doesnt. in the boston series everybody says up here that if they didnt get the call if they drove to the hole they would keep doing it over and over. its easier said than done, when you look at you stats and they are 1 - 13 and youve only been to the line once. it would be frustrating for anyone, and especially if your jump shot is in the middle of the pacific somewhere. so to truly gauge someones effectiveness, you have to look at every thing that they bring to the team. what impact did vince have on dwight, and jj. did the magic play better with him in the lineup or out.[excluding the boston series] there are so many factors to look at, other than stats. stats are good too. if vince stays with the magic, we will get a chance to see, whether he is good or bad for this team. it was only 1 year. so we will see.

In this game, its pretty easy to judge ones demeanor especially if you yourself had a passion for it like I once did.

Is Lebron a poor sportsman, you betcha. Its not that hard to judge. Do I think hes a bad person? Don't know him enough to say that. All I can say is he did show bad sportsmanship. Theres not much analyzing that needs to be done to figure these things out.

Do I think VC is heartless? No. I think he wants to win and I think hes a better player then he was last year but its obvious through his years in Toronto and now here, NJ I won't get into because the last few years, they sucked anyway, but on winning teams, he has shown that when its time to step it up a notch, he doesn't have that notch. I don't know why. Even Hedo has it. He might not put up good stats in the playoffs but he finds a way to step it up when needed where VC has always taken a step back. In the regular season, VC is fantastic through his career, but in the playoffs, he just lacks it.

Forget about the Boston series. EVERYONE came out like a deer caught in headlights. Its in the past too.

I'll say this about Dwight though. Yeah, the overcheesing gets on my nerves but watching him against the Lakers in the finals and him sitting there and humbling himself and watching how he reacted in the playoffs this previous season, I think hes growing and if the refs would've let him played against Charlotte, I think Dwight would've put up stats that hasn't been seen by a big man in a long time. He totally stepped it up a notch.