Sign in to follow this  
Magicfanagain

Save C. Lee...

jj's value has to do with the overall magic organization. not just basketball. however you have to ask yourself is the team more balanced with jj on the floor. in my mind the answer is yes.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

jj's value has to do with the overall magic organization. not just basketball. however you have to ask yourself is the team more balanced with jj on the floor. in my mind the answer is yes.

plese elaborate on the team being more balanced

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

We shoot more threes!!!!

I like that, but it's basically as balanced as a schizophrenic

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

Think about our team. Then think about the Pacers compared to Boston or Philly. We are more "balanced".

quote:

i know things are slow but jj/clee debate is old news. we can not change the past. you have to look at tomorrows value overall to the magic. it is clear jj wins hands down.

how is it clear. Well i guess it's clear because JJ is actually on the team...

i still wish we could get clee back, he was so vital in that playoff run, having a 2 guard with that kind of speed and compatibility for our squad is basically unheard of, if we would run around and try to get another quick combo guard it would be nice as well.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Wat we savin CLee from? A commie w/a slick talkin front man? We all need savin from dat!

is it sad that the girl next to me reading this comment had to ask me what a commie was?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Audi:

im suprised people have been so forgiving of CLee's missed layup.

its not like he had a wide open layup.

It was an alley oop on a last second play that he caught almost behind the backboard. He was being held and had to toss up a quick attempt as his momentum was carrying him out of bounds.

And Gasol was hanging on the rim, but you can't call goaltending in the last minute of a game. SMDH.

whoever said Lee can provide a similiar offense to JJ is wrong. JJ has a midrange jumpshot that he can hit off screens that we used often, something Lee is not capable of. JJ is a better player in every way besides not being black.

he's a better shooter, better 3 pt shooter, better bball IQ, better passer (I saw games where hed rack up asssists w/ chance tho stats prolly dont show it), comparable defensively, better team defender, stronger, can dribble better.

the only thing Id give Lee is speed and finishing at the rim.

Knowing Nets fans, everyone hated Lee and he has become a player no one really wants on their team while JJ has become a player raising heads.

edit: and for the last time Lee's final second layup should have been easily made and their is no excuse and ppl trying to defend it look stupid.

i believe you could say that jj has become a tough guy who provides leadership by actions. by taking charges, going to the rim against anyone with no fear, etc. he is also a better passer, scorer, and team defender. for me that is a more balanced team and player. but does it matter, not really because clee is gone.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Audi:

im suprised people have been so forgiving of CLee's missed layup.

its not like he had a wide open layup.

It was an alley oop on a last second play that he caught almost behind the backboard. He was being held and had to toss up a quick attempt as his momentum was carrying him out of bounds.

And Gasol was hanging on the rim, but you can't call goaltending in the last minute of a game. SMDH.

i don't think we've found clee's speed and athletic ability at that position as of yet, jj is fine, but you can't teach that kind of speed and jumping ability vince... can stay in front of some people? i wouldn't care who started if in some imaginary fantasy land where we traded vc for clee straight up, but having a clee around to hound people and lead a fast break would be nice to have again.