Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

How much worse is Nelson than CP3?

I kind of hope we don't make any trades until the deadline, because I want to see how this team plays together. Afterall, we are better at backup PG and arguably better at SF, and we were easily the best team in the NBA last year before Pierce couldn't miss the first two games of the ECF.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I don't use Hollinger's pace calculations, because he's never posted how he calculates possessions. I prefer basketball-reference's numbers for just that reason.

It's also why I prefer offensive and defensive rating to his offensive and defensive efficiency stats. I can't/won't trust a stat when I can't even verify what it is.

But even in that link Chicago is still playing around 7 fewer possessions than Golden State. That's a GIGANTIC difference.

those 7 possessions could result in an extra 3.43 scoring opportunities per game. Thats an extra possible 6.86 points per game.(This is wrong but i dont feel like looking up golden state's ratio of 2 point attempts vs 3pt attempts)

quote:
Originally posted by AJdaJohnson:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

JAMEER ALWAYS GETS A LENGTHY INJURY.

I know. That midget is taking minutes away from a REAL point guard, AJ.

I dont think its the right year...

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I don't use Hollinger's pace calculations, because he's never posted how he calculates possessions. I prefer basketball-reference's numbers for just that reason.

It's also why I prefer offensive and defensive rating to his offensive and defensive efficiency stats. I can't/won't trust a stat when I can't even verify what it is.

But even in that link Chicago is still playing around 7 fewer possessions than Golden State. That's a GIGANTIC difference.

those 7 possessions could result in an extra 3.43 scoring opportunities per game. Thats an extra possible 6.86 points per game.(This is wrong but i dont feel like looking up golden state's ratio of 2 point attempts vs 3pt attempts)

I would've just said: "To make a better comparison, multiply all of Chicago players' stats by (102.7/95.5)"

Or just add roughly 7.5%

To be fair though, it's not like Steph Curry has a choice on where he plays, and every team plays 48 minutes... so you can say what you want about pace, and it's not like Steph was the one jacking up every shot, the whole GS team will jack it up if they get a chance.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

thug, what are you talking about? I never said anything about people being healthy, etc.... but you didn't answer my question though.

Do you think Vince Carter is better at basketball than Jameer Nelson?

DOM, can you put together a top 10 PG list?

edit: LMAO at the guys location above me.

I meant Skywise, my bad.

anyways if you really want me to answer that please dont get in a retarded argument and drag this on for pages because thats what always happens when you have a 20:1 ratio of VC haters to reasonable posters.

but anyways yes I do, I think Vince is one of the better players in the league still, talent wise, and should have put himself back in the top 20 players in the league (following his 09 season being traded to the Magic this was my thoughts), he is honestly still that good. when he wants.... that is why it's so easy to hate VInce, instead of doing what he's Capable of doing he'll do something to piss you off like fade away from the basket.

but dont get me wrong Jameer was the best Magic player in the playoffs which matter most, still hate the selfish *****.

it's not a matter of whos better though, because Vince is the better player, but he doesnt friggin assert himself and makes himself look like a washed up, somewhat out of shape, salty veteran with his injuries and his inconsistent play.

I honestly believe Vince, **** that, I know Vince is better then what he shows. Hes not what he once was he's lost athleticism and quickness but he NEEDS to play up to his ability and not be afraid of the ECF and play like we all know he can.

For the topic, Nelson is MUCH worse than CP3. He never shows up for the playoffs. So what if he scores, he gets owned by every PG in the league, the stats prove it.

AJ needs to play, he's taller, a better defender, and once scored 40 in a PLAYOFF game.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

To be fair though, it's not like Steph Curry has a choice on where he plays, and every team plays 48 minutes... so you can say what you want about pace, and it's not like Steph was the one jacking up every shot, the whole GS team will jack it up if they get a chance.

nobody's saying he's a bad player. Just you gotta look at his stats within the realm of the offense he plays in.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

JAMEER ALWAYS GETS A LENGTHY INJURY.

I know. That midget is taking minutes away from a REAL point guard, AJ.

LMAO I actually think this alt personality is funny.

Good job, Jareth or whoever made this one up.

Not as good as Warriorfan05, but this guy will do.

quote:

For the topic, Nelson is MUCH worse than CP3. He never shows up for the playoffs. So what if he scores, he gets owned by every PG in the league, the stats prove it.

AJ needs to play, he's taller, a better defender, and once scored 40 in a PLAYOFF game.

I like this guy

Before anyone here who doesnt get the joke attacks AJdaJohnson... Sit back and admire instead. Beautifully done.