Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Paul would work in the triangle, but it would limit is effectiveness. He's good enough to run it, but it's not a great fit for him.

And Paul is actually a pretty mediocre defender. Steals do not equal good defense.

Exactly. I mean Paul can run any offense to perfection but at the same time do the Lakers really want to give away Bynum for a pg who's gonna be limited when running their offense? They'd be better off looking for a slasher who can move well off the ball or a big man with exceptional passing. LA already has both but that type of player is far more important to the triangle than an elite pg is.

How awesome would it be if Jameer had everyone up for the annual Philly get together and then Otis traded Jameer and others for CP3. Awkward.

Seriously though, I always get plenty attached to Magic players and I want the squad we have right now to win it all, but if we get CP3, it won't take long to grieve if I even do. CP3 + Dwight could be one of the best combos of all time.

Don't know if this is true or not but got this nice info from RealGM Orlando Board about Trade Assets

According to ESPN trade machine, free agent signings can't be traded until December 15. So LA will have D Fish and Steve Blake until Dec 15. And New York has Raymond Felton until then. Keep that in mind when assessing each team's assets

quote:
Originally posted by Magic4Ever-more:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Dwight told Otis that he could and should trade anyone on the roster to get one of Bosh, Boozer, or Paul.

It would definitely solve our problems against taller pg's like Rondo and Rose! And Mario Chalmers...not...lol

Rondo and Rose pose absolutely no offensive threat to another PG because of their height.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Steve Kyler's response...

quote:

Berger is a legit source, but the premise assumes New Orleans would trade

him... and that's not gonna happen.

Does Chris want to play with another star player... sure, so does every

star player, Dwight wants another star next to him too... doesn;t mean

Otis can make it happen.

A player under contract has zero leverage... unless Chris trashes the

team, the owner and the city... there is no scenario in which New Orleans

will trade him... they just aren't gonna do business that way.

This isn't football where a player can hold out and force a trade...

I think steve kyler is a hater. There are plenty of scenarios and reasons why New Orleans wants to do this, and a decent package from the Magic would not make there team much better/worse then it already was, if anything you have possibly a better all around team without paul with:

Collison/Jameer

VC/Thornton

Peja/Posey/Pondexter

West/Wright

Gortat/Aaron Gray

I would take that lineup over the lineup they have currently with CP3.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

How awesome would it be if Jameer had everyone up for the annual Philly get together and then Otis traded Jameer and others for CP3. Awkward.

Seriously though, I always get plenty attached to Magic players and I want the squad we have right now to win it all, but if we get CP3, it won't take long to grieve if I even do. CP3 + Dwight could be one of the best combos of all time.

So do I. Which is why the offseasons always bittersweet no matter how successful it is as a whole when we let certain players go (recently Lee, Barnes ect.)

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Give it up people. We are not getting Chris Paul. It was a fun dream while it lasted.

If Paul tells the Hornets trade me or I will leave when my contract is up, they will have no choice to deal him at some point or leave them with nothing in return (see Cleveland). We have the most attractive pieces not in their own conference to offer. Your telling me with Vince, Jameer, and Gortat they are not a playoff team, they still have West and Collison.

I don't think NY can trade any of their young talent they acquired from Golden State as a package deal. I don't think they can be traded with anyone for 60 days.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

LA could easily throw Bynum in there, we can't really top that, you know how teams love big guys with potential.

My hope would be that NO is looking to clean house entirely, that is going to be our best shot.

You don't think the Magic package would be better???

Every GM in the league loves a big guy that can block shots and shoot. I don't even know that the Lakers would trade him but if it were me I'd trade him in a second. Personally I would prefer our package deal over what the other teams have to offer but GM's tend to do stupid things when it comes to big guys.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic4Ever-more:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Dwight told Otis that he could and should trade anyone on the roster to get one of Bosh, Boozer, or Paul.

It would definitely solve our problems against taller pg's like Rondo and Rose! And Mario Chalmers...not...lol

Rondo and Rose pose absolutely no offensive threat to another PG because of their height.

They can shoot right over top of Crib Midget...who I like by the way, huge heart for a small guy!