Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

Didn't see this posted yet, but on the sports report on the 10pm local news, the sportscaster said Chris Paul's mom was in town for a charity basketball thing with Dwight's mom and Rashard's mom. She said how Chris really loves the idea of playing next to Dwight, and she thinks it would be great fit for him here in Orlando.

Way to go Dwight and Shard, bringing in the big guns!

Yeah I saw that broadcast! I think she stop just short of negotiating term!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Just got off the phone with Tim Povtak...he was at some kind of Doc Rivers function today(maybe golf?)...Anyway, he said he spoke to some Magic "BigWigs"(executives) who said the Magic are preparing a trade package for the Hornets "IF" they come calling.

Tim said anyone not named Dwight could/would be included in the Magic's offer.

Said the Magic would be aggressive trying to get Chris.

Sounds good to me...

i dont think that chris paul is the answer. we have to give up too much. sure it sounds great chris paul to dwight, but how about when we run into a team that can play dwight one on one. who will chris throw it to. rashard can shoot the lights out, but he has to be open. it will be exciting, but it is not a championship move. the team we have right now, just needs a little tweaking, but it is ready. last year the celts stole games 1 and 2 from us because we were not ready. that wont happen again.

What do you suggest then? And be realistic! Don't come up with an Iguadola trade when he isn't even available.

my suggestion is to use our lineup to our advantage. dwight bass lew. vc meer. lew is too big for sf meer can get to the cup on anybody bass is to fast for most pf vc dominated most of his matchups last years vs most 2's and you got jj peaches and q rich coming off the bench and gortat. i love it.

you dont think paul can go one on one?

you might like vc or not but he could still take over a game. there are not many people that can guard him one on one, and without him creating, there is gonna be a lack of production at times. i just dont think he is the guy to get us over the hump, with all the pieces we will lose.

quote:

quote:

Just got off the phone with Tim Povtak...he was at some kind of Doc Rivers function today(maybe golf?)...Anyway, he said he spoke to some Magic "BigWigs"(executives) who said the Magic are preparing a trade package for the Hornets "IF" they come calling.

Sounds good to me...

i dont think that chris paul is the answer. we have to give up too much. sure it sounds great chris paul to dwight, but how about when we run into a team that can play dwight one on one. who will chris throw it to. rashard can shoot the lights out, but he has to be open. it will be exciting, but it is not a championship move. the team we have right now, just needs a little tweaking, but it is ready. last year the celts stole games 1 and 2 from us because we were not ready. that wont happen again.

I'm sorry but I don't see how you could think last year's lineup is better than a lineup with Chris Paul. There would be two differences to the starting 5: one being CP3 being the starter and the other being Redick starting instead of Carter, which i want to happen anyways. Basically you're saying Paul isn't much of an upgrade and there's a decent size downgrade at SG.

Wait a second here, you think Vince Carter is better at getting to the hole then Chris Paul? Vince took over a game once last year. He cannot do it anymore, he's a slasher who pulls up for mid-range jumpers.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

quote:

Sounds good to me...

What do you suggest then? And be realistic! Don't come up with an Iguadola trade when he isn't even available.

my suggestion is to use our lineup to our advantage. dwight bass lew. vc meer. lew is too big for sf meer can get to the cup on anybody bass is to fast for most pf vc dominated most of his matchups last years vs most 2's and you got jj peaches and q rich coming off the bench and gortat. i love it.

you dont think paul can go one on one?

you might like vc or not but he could still take over a game. there are not many people that can guard him one on one, and without him creating, there is gonna be a lack of production at times. i just dont think he is the guy to get us over the hump, with all the pieces we will lose.

VC stopped creating when he arrived in Orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by Blu03:

Wait a second here, you think Vince Carter is better at getting to the hole then Chris Paul? Vince took over a game once last year. He cannot do it anymore, he's a slasher who pulls up for mid-range jumpers.

man vc got past paul pierce easily. if he would have gotten the calls that he should have gotten he would have had 20 free throws. he is not better at getting to the hole than chris paul no. but they are two different types of players. who is gonna get out the way when cp comes through. let me answer for you, nobody. jj is still a bench player who can play good against some teams. as a starter he would get abused and the only way he would contribute is if he was open. if we didnt have to give up so much, i would be all for this. i like cp. he is an outstanding player, but we need mismatches like miami has. if we move shard to the 3 we have a mismatch. everybody is so sold on this because he is such a great player, but chemistry is everything. he might get dwight the ball, but who is gonna draw the double team so shard can hit those threes. we take vc for granted but he created a lot of double teams, and he would dish it to rashard for three.

quote:
Originally posted by Blu03:

Completely Agreed, I dont think its that he cant do it anymore, he just dosent, he seems to only be able to show flashes of his former self anymore

quote:
Originally posted by JR_D12Magic:

It's clear that N.O. would want to build the team around D. Collison if they traded away CP3. I say keep Meer and take on Okafor. Let the team play out and trade away Duhon and the dead weight in Dec/Jan.

Meer could be a great 6th man.

Offer this trade and a 1st or two:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=29p8hsp

PG - CP3, Meer, Duhon

SG - JJ, Peaches/Meer

SF - Peaches, Q.Rich/Shard

PF - Shard, RA/Okafor

C - D12, Okafor, Orton

Love this trade but it would probably look more like this...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2ft42p5

NOLA wants teams to take posey and okafour in addition to paul, plus we might have to throw in a pick, but I love the idea of keeping meer and possibly using him as a 6th man or as a 2 guard

BMP, I think 1 point per 100 possessions is hardly significant. As well as 1.5% eFG%. Really, that's a difference of one or two guys having a particularly good night on that day rather than another.

Bass is every single bit the chucker Ryan is, if not worse. The difference is, Ryan is at least in the right spot. I'd take a 3pt shot from Ryan every time over Bass attempting to put the ball on the floor with all the effectiveness of Brian Cook. Ryan is a better rebounder and provides more spacing for Dwight. I mean, if you want to say all our PF's are useless wastes of space is one thing, but to act like Bass is head and shoulders above Ryan is well...short sighted.

I'd be really curious to see the O-rating of those two players vs the D-rating of Bass and Anderson. I'd be willing to bet that the offensive gain over Bass outweighs the defensive gain. Another thing, Bass has pretty much peaked, sure he'll get a little smarter, but for the most part, what you see is what you get.

From Howard Mass of RealGM...

quote:

Howard Mass on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:01 am

Incumbus: It will all be about when Paul and the Hornets are ready.

This would be a franchise changing move.

Everyone: I feel too like something will happen. You can just smell a deal happening and we all know that this team needs to make another move to compete with Miami and the Lakers.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

Didn't see this posted yet, but on the sports report on the 10pm local news, the sportscaster said Chris Paul's mom was in town for a charity basketball thing with Dwight's mom and Rashard's mom. She said how Chris really loves the idea of playing next to Dwight, and she thinks it would be great fit for him here in Orlando.

Way to go Dwight and Shard, bringing in the big guns!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! They went for the Momma?!!!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLL.