Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

WOW.

I believe now we can get CP3 w/o taking Okafor. CP3 asking to be traded to the Knicks would be foolish because he will not win with Amare. Amare plays zero defense and does not commit himself to rebounding. Plus the Knicks, IMO, to get the Hornets to go for the deal will take Okafors contract. Okafor+CP3+Amare = No Carmelo.

We have a chance to get him. We can give them VC and keep Jameer. We can still take Posey off their hands as long as we trade Oton to them so:

VC/Orton for Paul/Posey.

Trade Machine

This also keeps us in contention to be players in 2012/13 FA with Paul and Howard both FA and we may potentially be able to sign a 3rd guy: Carmelo.

Jameer then becomes a major trade asset that we can use.

To sweeten the deal for NOLA we can throw in the rights to Fran. I believe, like others, him and Rubio will be "Coming to America" together.

Go MAGIC!!!

BTW: Protland would be a serious threat because they can give NOLA Rudy, Oden, Webster, Bayless, Miller. Can't think of any assets the Lakers and Mavs have tht would make Hornets bite unless they are willing to trade Dirk or Kobe.

you do understand that the hornets have all the leverage right now? they don't have to trade cp3 even if he begs them for a trade to orlando. if they do, they'll still most likely make the other team take okafor.

cp3 has the least amount of leverage right now on deciding where he goes. and the team trading for him has little leverage in terms of not taking back a bad contract.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

quote:
ummm plenty of big names would love to come to Orlando and play..........we cant afford them right now

Yes. I meant that they do want to come, but for some or other reason, maybe bad recruiting, they never COME.

thank you hahahaha

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Hmm...

If I was New Orleans fanbase, would I want talent or prospects?

Does VC/Jameer/Bass(hometown kid)/Gortat put butts in the seats? Gives them a fighting chance to get into the playoffs?

Or do they go for Rudy Fernandez, and some other youngsters. Sure it will be fun, but enough to put butts in the seats? Make the playoffs? Or just further the process of rebuilding with a bunch of young role players?

And is Paul/Roy/Aldridge enough? On paper it looks dynamite, but as dynamite as say Paul/Lewis/Howard? If I'm Paul, I think it's a no brainer.

Point well taken, Jareth.

quote:

quote:
mrvincecarter15

I'm gonna send y'all a funny pic of my camper working hard in a few...!!!

8 minutes ago via TwitBird

What does it all mean!?!??!

oh you know what it means..

quote:

quote:
mrvincecarter15

I'm gonna send y'all a funny pic of my camper working hard in a few...!!!

8 minutes ago via TwitBird

What does it all mean!?!??!

I hope he isn't talking about his lil' pantscamper Frowner

I wouldn't chance keeping Nelson and bringing in Paul. Nelson value will drop and no team will want his 8mill per season contract. We will be stuck with him. Also bringing in another starting pg will be a slap in Nelson face. Nelson has to be included in the deal to get Paul. Nobody keeps an $8mill backup pg that won't get that many minutes due to Paul taking most of them.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I wouldn't chance keeping Nelson and bringing in Paul. Nelson value will drop and no team will want his 8mill per season contract. We will be stuck with him. Also bringing in another starting pg will be a slap in Nelson face. Nelson has to be included in the deal to get Paul. Nobody keeps an $8mill backup pg that won't get that many minutes due to Paul taking most of them.

If it's possible to keep Nelson, you keep Nelson. Why? You can either try to work him int the rotation and be Paul's backup OR you use him for ANOTHER trade to bring in another good/great player.

Well, it might be far-fetched, but it works for each team. The fact that the Hornets have their financial situation as first priority is totally to our advantage. The Hornets deal two of their biggest contracts, receive 2 expiring contracts, grab a starting center and a PG replacement all in one fell swoop.

Hornets Lineup:

Nelson / Collison

Thorton / Pietrus

Stojakovic / Posey

Martin / Songaila

Gortat / Gray

Nuggets Lineup:

Billups / Lawson

Afflalo / J.R. Smith

Carter / Balkman

West / Harrington

Nene / Okafor / Andersen

Denver is STACKED and the Hornets get what they want... If Melo is what will lure Paul here, wouldn't you do it?