Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
ummm plenty of big names would love to come to Orlando and play..........we cant afford them right now

Yes. I meant that they do want to come, but for some or other reason, maybe bad recruiting, they never COME.

Hmm...

If I was New Orleans fanbase, would I want talent or prospects?

Does VC/Jameer/Bass(hometown kid)/Gortat put butts in the seats? Gives them a fighting chance to get into the playoffs?

Or do they go for Rudy Fernandez, and some other youngsters. Sure it will be fun, but enough to put butts in the seats? Make the playoffs? Or just further the process of rebuilding with a bunch of young role players?

And is Paul/Roy/Aldridge enough? On paper it looks dynamite, but as dynamite as say Paul/Lewis/Howard? If I'm Paul, I think it's a no brainer.

First off, if I was GM for the Magic, I would do ANYTHING to get Chris Paul to Orlando. He makes everyone around him better and combined with Dwight, we could be the broken red light smack in the middle of Miami's road to a championship.

It seems from what I hear from NBA "insiders" and analysts that Chris Paul wants to play with Carmelo. He also wants a big name post player. CP3, you want Carmelo? You got him.

What's stopping us from making a three team deal, or separate trades to acquire Melo AND CP3? For example, some type of deal like this:

14257yb.jpg

ORLANDO

+ We get a "big three" with CP3, Melo, and Dwight.

+ Say goodbye to VC and his contract.

+ Championship caliber team

NEW ORLEANS

+ Acquire two expiring contracts in Pietrus and Kenyon Martin. This is huge for them financially.

+ CP3 gets dealt with, who wants a player that is upset on their team?

+ Okafor's contract is out of their hands, something they've wanted for a long time.

+ Acquire a young, up and coming center in Gortat, an all-star PG in Jameer, a starting PF in Kenyon, and a solid bench player in Pietrus.

DENVER

+ Melo probably will leave them for the Big Apple if they don't deal him for returns, this is their chance.

+ They grab Vince Carter, someone who could slide into their starting lineup.

+ With Nene and his injury accompanied with an aging [and also injury prone] Birdman, they need security at the center position. Okafor would be of huge benefit for them, when all the bigs are healthy, he can play PF or vice versa. They would have an incredible front line.

+ David West, IMO is a big upgrade over Kenyon Martin. He'd start and is capable of being a work-horse for the squad.

Of course this is just a thought and I thought it was worthy enough to bring up. Thanks for reading!

Dear god, now not only do we get Paul, we also get Melo?

Ah geez. I mean, I can understand messing around with the trade machine, but holy ****

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

quote:
ummm plenty of big names would love to come to Orlando and play..........we cant afford them right now

Yes. I meant that they do want to come, but for some or other reason, maybe bad recruiting, they never COME.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

i can't believe you actually tried making a valid argument for a 3 team deal where we get paul and melo...i just don't understand the mentality of people around here anymore.

this +1

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Ah geez. I mean, I can understand messing around with the trade machine, but holy ****

i think the funniest thing was the part when he said "what's stopping us from making a three team deal, or separate trades to acquire melo and cp3?"...

WOW.

I believe now we can get CP3 w/o taking Okafor. CP3 asking to be traded to the Knicks would be foolish because he will not win with Amare. Amare plays zero defense and does not commit himself to rebounding. Plus the Knicks, IMO, to get the Hornets to go for the deal will take Okafors contract. Okafor+CP3+Amare = No Carmelo.

We have a chance to get him. We can give them VC and keep Jameer. We can still take Posey off their hands as long as we trade Oton to them so:

VC/Orton for Paul/Posey.

Trade Machine

This also keeps us in contention to be players in 2012/13 FA with Paul and Howard both FA and we may potentially be able to sign a 3rd guy: Carmelo.

Jameer then becomes a major trade asset that we can use.

To sweeten the deal for NOLA we can throw in the rights to Fran. I believe, like others, him and Rubio will be "Coming to America" together.

Go MAGIC!!!

BTW: Protland would be a serious threat because they can give NOLA Rudy, Oden, Webster, Bayless, Miller. Can't think of any assets the Lakers and Mavs have tht would make Hornets bite unless they are willing to trade Dirk or Kobe.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

hahha

i'm with you bmp, i want iggy on our team, and that to me would solidify or team as a annual chip contender. i wish otis would go for him hard, this cp3 is very surreal. iggy on the other hand can be had with the right offer from otis i believe.