Sign in to follow this  
justanotherfan

Magic need to bring Shaq back

I have been thinking of this for awhile now. While I don't think it will happen for all the reasons everyone has stated, it actually makes sense if he would play for the minimum and accepts his back up role He is the perfect back up for Dwight, and would be an enforcer with a reputation that would allow him to hammer those guys on Miami coming in to the lane. Also he wants another title to match Kobe. It is a perfect situation for him and for the Magic

Phuk Shaq Bring Cp3 here....Don't know if you guys read the story but here is an article about CP3 possibly wanting out of NO and what's more is that Orlando is on his list of possible destinations!!!!! Brand new article and info

Heres the link....http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13659617/new-hornets-brass-already-facing-crisis-with-paul?tag=headlines;other

If the Magic organization would ever consider bringing Shaq back after the way he left, then I am done as a Magic supporter. It would be a knife in the back of most Magic fans I know.

Shaq's ego could not handle backing up anyone.

I would like to remind all those skeptics above to try to understand that, first and foremost, the NBA is a business. In addition, try to ignore all the petty rumors reported in the press designed to stir up controversy and generate fan interest. SVG and DH are professionals and would have absolutely no difficulty with Shaq on the Magic. And Shaq would have no hesitation at returning to his Orlando home for the last two years of an illustrious career and serving as a backup

to DH.

The reason why Shaq will return to the Magic is quite amply because it is in the best Business interest of both parties: Shaq benefits because he will earn more from the Magic than any other team because he will bring more added value to the Magic than he can bring to any other NBA team. He brings toughness and a no-nonsense attitude currently lacking on the roster, intimate personel knowledge of how Wade,Lebron, and Kobe and their coaches operate, championship experience, and will get after certain star players to push them to excel in a manner that SVG cannot. In addition, the Magic can afford to pay him more than any other team because these intangibles are more valuable to the Magic than simply his playing time at backup Center (which basically defines his value to any other NBA team.) From Shaq's viewpoint, he has a legitimate opportunity to get another two championship rings, a chance to return to his hometown, and a chance to erase bad feelings engendered in his leaving the Magic previously. From the Magic's viewpoint, they will be able to afford Shaq from the money they save when they trade Gortat, and they realize the team needs more than simply another CP type athlete to win the championship. From purely a strict Business sense, we therefore should expect Shaq to be on the Magic this season.

• Downvote 1

Even IF the Magic wanted to sign Shaq (which is EXTREMELY unlikely), the max amount of money they would be able to offer him would be just around $1.9 mil. Shaq wants the MLE. You do the math.

I live in Cleveland and trust me when I say you do NOT want Shaq back. He did absolutely nothing this past season except stand around. He knew he was getting paid no matter what he did or did not do. He was far more interested in his endorsements. I've seen some lazy players but Shaq takes the cake.

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

I live in Cleveland and trust me when I say you do NOT want Shaq back. He did absolutely nothing this past season except stand around. He knew he was getting paid no matter what he did or did not do. He was far more interested in his endorsements. I've seen some lazy players but Shaq takes eats the cake.

Fixed

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

I live in Cleveland and trust me when I say you do NOT want Shaq back. He did absolutely nothing this past season except stand around. He knew he was getting paid no matter what he did or did not do. He was far more interested in his endorsements. I've seen some lazy players but Shaq takes the cake.

No one here wants Shaq back except for the OP. We are all aware. The OP pretty much wants to overpay a headcase who took a dump on this city and later the coach just so he can clog the paint and give out hard fouls.

I'm pretty sure we could have Daniel Orton do that if we really wanted to.