Sign in to follow this  
justanotherfan

Magic need to bring Shaq back

Otis is faced with a difficult challenge to figure out the missing ingredient that will put the Magic back in the Finals. Our record the pasr two years confirms we have a superb coach and GM. I have seen them operate professionally and know that they both are relentless workers who know the league talents well. I have no doubt they realize we need a consistent scorer as the offensive talents of Lewis and VC can be muted by good defenses they will face in the later stages of the playoffs.I also have no doubt they will bring in a consistent scorer and that Gortat likely will be departing as part of the anticipated trades needed to effect this transition. We therefore need a back up Center for his replacement. The other missing element our team needs is toughness. With Barnes departing we cannot put more pressure on Dwight to be our only Defensive stalwart that can withstand the relentless aggressiveness of the opponents big men. DH has enough on his plate in being the best defensive player and rebounder on the team and needs to concentrate on developing a short jumper and makings foul shots.Shaq will bring to the team exactly that mental and physical toughness they will need this year to get past the elite playoff teams. He is a perfect fit to give us two years of quality back-up Center. More importantly he is smart and knows how to edge and cajole other players to push them to bring their best efforts. He has the experience to make our Center and Forwards more mentally tough and will serve as n incentive for DH to complete his game and become dominant offensively. He will bring that missing subtle ingredient needed to be a Champion. He will keep the players focused on what it takes to win championships. In addition, his career will have a chance to return to it's roots in the NBA. Don't feed into the media nonsense that he cannot get along with our current coach or DH. They are all professionals and can certainly work to achieve the common goal of a championship. If Otis is as smart as I think he is, he will not hesitate in bringing Shaq back to Orlando once he trades Gortat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Besides, he's already said he is looking for more than the MLE (which we couldn't offer anyway) and guaranteed significant playing time, which we couldn't give him behind Dwight.

No

No

No

No

No