Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Nets blogger looking for rebounding

Yes please.

I said it a few weeks ago (before we resigned JJ). Bass for Lee made so much sense I'm shocked it didn't happen.

Hell, if Redick had gotten a million more or so, I wouldn't be shocked to see Lee back in blue and white. I wish our roster wasn't so friggin crowded that this move would make sense still. However, with Pietrus, Q-Rich, Carter, and Redick, there is simply no more room. Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Yes please.

I said it a few weeks ago (before we resigned JJ). Bass for Lee made so much sense I'm shocked it didn't happen.

Hell, if Redick had gotten a million more or so, I wouldn't be shocked to see Lee back in blue and white. I wish our roster wasn't so friggin crowded that this move would make sense still. However, with Pietrus, Q-Rich, Carter, and Redick, there is simply no more room. Frowner

As soon as I saw the trade proposal this afternoon, I loved it. Bringing C-Lee back to Orlando not only benefits our lineup, but it's the right thing to do. Jersey needs bigs, BB wants playing time, and we could use a young SG who can already play defense. This gives us the flexibility to play VC at the three or leave him out of the rotation completely when he's in January Vince Mode.

Do it, Otis!

Terrence Williams would wreak havoc on the defensive end with Dwight backing him up. I would prefer him in a Magic uniform over Courtney but I would be happy either way if all we had to give up was Brandon Bass.

Have Jersey sign and trade Battie for the vet minimum along with Lee to bring salaries closer to matching. Winner winner chicken dinner.

I would much rather have Terrence Williams, but NJ isnt going to give him up. Besides, Bass isnt a rebounder per se. He ends up in the right place at the right time on occasion, but he does not fill the rebounding need. Gortat on the other hand would fit the need, but he is worth like 5 Courtney Lee's and 1.5 Terrence Williams.