Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

For those think Q. Rich's defense is as good as Barnes witness Mr. Hollinger(Insider)

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I personally would have loved to see Otiz make a play for Tony Allen.

TOTALLY AGREE!

Isn't he usually injured all the time?

I was hoping for Raja Bell after we signed Duhon. But for what was available and what we had left, Quentin Richardson may have been the best we could do. I'm not a huge fan of Q-Rich, but it was probably the best Otis could pull off. Hopefully he shoots the ball as well as he did last year.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:

I personally would have loved to see Otiz make a play for Tony Allen.

TOTALLY AGREE!

Isn't he usually injured all the time?

I was hoping for Raja Bell after we signed Duhon. But for what was available and what we had left, Quentin Richardson may have been the best we could do. I'm not a huge fan of Q-Rich, but it was probably the best Otis could pull off. Hopefully he shoots the ball as well as he did last year.

what's glenn rice up to?

Im not trying to make an excuse for Barnes but keep in mind he had a bad back.

Other than that we can't moap around and play the what if game.

We got Richy Rich and he's GOING to be an upgrade, and in retrospect an upgrade is all we need to get us over that tiny hill that we were so close to getting over last year.

Also Duhon is going to be better than we think.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

it was my understanding that we offered Matt the most we could possibly give him. Then when he refused we went after Q.

but yeah, totally different role.

I always knew he was slow, but I also know he comes with an attitude as well, and will play decent "D"! I am hoping for a breakout season, but I will settle for heads up determined play!

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

And Ball Junkie, why don't you answer me this:

Would you rather have Barnes and a vet signed for the minimum/BAE as a backup PG or:

Duhon, QRich AND JJ.

As I've been sayin'...I love Barnes attitude and fire and leadership for that matter...how could any Magic fan not?!

Guess we'll find out the answers to these questions after next season rolls around...

So, what you're saying is that you would rather have signed Barnes and a cheap backup PG than JJ, Q*berto, and Duhon, correct?

Don't be so vague... I'd like a straight answer. You're making it look like getting Q*bert and "letting" Barnes go was a terrible decision, yet ignore the fact that this "terrible" decision allowed us to retain JJ Redick (you know, that white dude in your sig), Q*berto, AND Duhon, a good defender at the PG position, MUCH better than Jason Williams.

You are assuming that Q signed for the same amount that Barnes turned down. Right? Do you know how much Barnes was offered and can you tell me your source?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Im not a GM...but I know everyone knows about the correlation between defense and winning championships.

You guys tell me...as currently constructed(roster) without Matt Barnes will our defense be better or worse next season?

I liked Barnes toughness & competitiveness, but I don't think he's nearly the defender Pietrus is.

I personally would have loved to see Otiz make a play for Tony Allen. His D on LeBron & Kobe in the playoffs was sick.

my issue with tony allen is his bball iq. Simmons doesn't like him. Cites poor shot selection and way too many dumb moves.

I guess I'll see this year, but claiming a guard with a 51% FG% exhibits questionable shot selection seems suspect.

I realize Otiz would never entertain signing Allen...he only took 5 3's last year. Doesn't stunt my desire to see more dogs on this team however. Dwight with 3 in your face perimeter defenders and a legitimate partner in the paint would destroy teams...hard to let that ideal go.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Im not a GM...but I know everyone knows about the correlation between defense and winning championships.

You guys tell me...as currently constructed(roster) without Matt Barnes will our defense be better or worse next season?

I liked Barnes toughness & competitiveness, but I don't think he's nearly the defender Pietrus is.

I personally would have loved to see Otiz make a play for Tony Allen. His D on LeBron & Kobe in the playoffs was sick.

my issue with tony allen is his bball iq. Simmons doesn't like him. Cites poor shot selection and way too many dumb moves.

I guess I'll see this year, but claiming a guard with a 51% FG% exhibits questionable shot selection seems suspect.

I realize Otiz would never entertain signing Allen...he only took 5 3's last year. Doesn't stunt my desire to see more dogs on this team however. Dwight with 3 in your face perimeter defenders and a legitimate partner in the paint would destroy teams...hard to let that ideal go.

i really wouldn't know. can't say i've been a huge tony allen follower.

its just what super celtics fan bill simmons says so i figured it might hold some weight.

quote:
Originally posted by Chi Town Hustler:

You are assuming that Q signed for the same amount that Barnes turned down. Right? Do you know how much Barnes was offered and can you tell me your source?

Barnes went from signing to contenders (as he so put out) to accepting an offer from the Raptors for around $5mil a year.

We offered Q*berto the rest of the MLE, which is less than half of what the Raptors offered Barnes. Barnes wanted a lot of money/long term (as he pointed out countless times), the Magic could not offer that.

Doesn't take a genius to deduct that Orlando did not have the money Barnes wanted and went for Q*berto.

Allen is just terrible for anywhere beyond 15 feet. 21.4% efG from jump shots (33% of his shots being jump shots). The season before, it was 28.2% eFG and 39% of his shots being jump shots.

After taking a look at the hotspots from the last two years: WOW

wowtonyallen.jpg

quote:

Allen is just terrible for anywhere beyond 15 feet. 21.4% efG from jump shots (33% of his shots being jump shots). The season before, it was 28.2% eFG and 39% of his shots being jump shots.

After taking a look at the hotspots from the last two years: WOW

wowtonyallen.jpg

Not disputing his shooting prowess, but this highlights the stupidity of Simmons claim. He barely even shoots outside the shadow of the rim.