Sign in to follow this  
patport21

BREAKING: Matt Barnes to Lakers (PG. 16)

The most the Lakers could pay Barnes next season is $1.77 million, about half of what Cleveland was offering, and Barnes has a player option in 2011-12 for almost $2 million that would allow him to test the market again in a year if he wished.

WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

The most the Lakers could pay Barnes next season is $1.77 million, about half of what Cleveland was offering, and Barnes has a player option in 2011-12 for almost $2 million that would allow him to test the market again in a year if he wished.

WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he actually does wanna win, and the Magic didn't offer him a contract so the best place for him was in LA? The fact of the matter is that Otis wasn't going to get him back, so you would have either hated him for going to a loser team and a fat contract or in this case, a championship team for less money.

When I said "it's funny how fast a pro athlete can go from hero to villain" I meant he's a villain now only because he plays for the Los Angeles Lakers. One of the few teams that can stop us from winning the title, and one of the teams that we played against where Matt displayed how valuable he could be to our team. Otherwise, I don't harbor a grudge at all. This is a business after all, and Orlando and Barnes just went their seperate ways.

Maybe Barnes wanted to get his fiance away from those Basketball wife *****es.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he actually does wanna win, and the Magic didn't offer him a contract so the best place for him was in LA? The fact of the matter is that Otis wasn't going to get him back, so you would have either hated him for going to a loser team and a fat contract or in this case, a championship team for less money.

When I said "it's funny how fast a pro athlete can go from hero to villain" I meant he's a villain now only because he plays for the Los Angeles Lakers. One of the few teams that can stop us from winning the title, and one of the teams that we played against where Matt displayed how valuable he could be to our team. Otherwise, I don't harbor a grudge at all. This is a business after all, and Orlando and Barnes just went their seperate ways.

Are you forgetting that Magic actually signed him for 2 years and he was gonna get about 2mil this year but he opted out of the contract?