Sign in to follow this  
patport21

BREAKING: Matt Barnes to Lakers (PG. 16)

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

quote:
First off, the Lakers have a long and glorious history in the league, Orlando is 20 years old.

Shaq wanted to play for the Lakers. Period. There was nothing Orlando could have done differently to change his mind, so I'm not sure how you could fault the team for that.

McGrady was traded. Coincidentally, he was targeted as a free agent and brought to this team to blossom, so he should actually be viewed as a positive move. Nice try though.

Paul? You have Chris Paul on this list? Why? Is he actually available? Was he available, and Otis failed to bring him here while we watched him go to the Nicks and make them a better team? There are rumors he wants out. There are rumors of conversations with Orlando, and there are rumors that Orlando is number two on his list. Again, wouldn't that be a positive for the team?

Barnes is a cheap role player who went looking for a big payday only to find he was already getting paid what he was worth. Apparently the team decided Q-Rish was a better fit, and they moved on. Not a big deal. Again, role player.

Ariza was traded (bad trade, sure, but traded), we had no problems "keeping" him here.

Duncan is the ONE guy on this list that Orlando made a big effort to get here and failed. He ended up sticking it out in San Antonio out of loyalty. Interestingly enough, Orlando was trying to do what Miami just did (Hill, T-Mac, and Duncan). They made a play for him, but he was loyal to the Spurs.

Hill didn't want to take a back seat to Hedo, so he left. It was the best move for Orlando, to bring Hill off the bench, and the best move for Hill to look elsewhere if he wanted starting minutes. Not a bad thing for the team.

We didn't give up Billups and Wallace to get McGrady. We gave up Wallace and Billups to get Hill, T-Mac, and a shot at Duncan as well. Get it right.

Your attempt to paint the organization in a massively negative light fails even more than you think the organization fails.

Your reading comprehension is so bad that its almost like you are a kid.

1- Your whole "Lakers are traditional team" vanishes when you look what the Miami Heat have accomplished in such a short existence.

2- I said "The one time we DID HIT IT, the player left after 4 seasons", that was McGrady. So dont tell me I didnt mark it as an accomplishment or a positive. Actually, it was precisely what I meant there.

3- I never said we gave up McGrady for Billups and Wallace. I said "we gave away some amazing talent without knowing it" after the sentece that put a positive note on the McGrady thing. If you haven't learned it already, a COMMA can be used to separate statements from each other. I dont have to get anything right there.

4- We gave up Wallace and ATKINS for Hill on that trade. YOU get that right, schmuk.

If you dare showing up trying to highlight your minimal IQ, then at least get your fact rights, or learn how to read. Therefore, I won't have to DESTROY you again.

Temper temper. Your list was an abhorent attempt to paint the Magic organization in a negative light. Get over it.

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

1- Your whole "Lakers are traditional team" vanishes when you look what the Miami Heat have accomplished in such a short existence.

2- I said "The one time we DID HIT IT, the player left after 4 seasons", that was McGrady. So dont tell me I didnt mark it as an accomplishment or a positive. Actually, it was precisely what I meant there.

3- I never said we gave up McGrady for Billups and Wallace. I said "we gave away some amazing talent without knowing it" after the sentece that put a positive note on the McGrady thing. If you haven't learned it already, a COMMA can be used to separate statements from each other. I dont have to get anything right there.

4- We gave up Wallace and ATKINS for Hill on that trade. YOU get that right, schmuk.

If you dare showing up trying to highlight your minimal IQ, then at least get your fact rights, or learn how to read. Therefore, I won't have to DESTROY you again.

How do you plan on "destroying" anyone when your original post was so *******... uninformed? I can't believe you're complaining the Magic can't pull off something the PLAYERS themselves hardly have any say over (Gasol trade, Riley tanking for 4 seasons to get enough space for 3 FAs at nearly max), Barnes leaving (which was hardly that. He was looking for a pay day and we weren't gonna give it to him. We replaced him. It's not that he didn't want to stay. All he talked about throughout the year and when he opted out was how much he wanted to stay).

Grant Hill was a GREAT signing, you know, until he got all those 100 injuries.

I can't believe you're actually complaining that the Magic haven't been able to do what 2 franchises did (out of a possibly 30) that hasn't been done before since who the **** knows when.

The Heat big 3 hardly took a pay cut (at least from their original contracts), especially with no state taxes and endorsements (especially Bosh) they'll be getting. They got a minimum pay cut for something they have been planning on doing for YEARS. It had nothing to do with Miami and the organization being great at luring guys, it had to do with them becoming best friends on TEAM USA and just making sure they all became FAs at the same time.

The Gasol trade was a HUGE steal and only happened because the GM was a ****ing moron. KG actually had second thoughts about joining Boston because of the city, but after seeing he'd be playing with Allen and Pierce, he couldn't refuse.

You tell me exactly how we haven't "lured" Paul? He's not a FA and won't be a FA until 2012 or 2013 (if he doesn't opt out). If you're seriously complaining about the fact that we haven't been able to trade for him, keep in mind that it's not up to Paul, but the Hornets management.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

Kinda funny how fast a pro athlete can go from hero to villain

Funny how the Magic take this line with every player they choose to part ways with and fans still take it hook, line, & sinker...

Barnes opted out to get paid, didn't, settled for best opportunity...and idiots villainize him.

Magic determined backup PG was more important than starting SF, JJ was worth 3x what Barnes is, & Barnes was an offensive liability. Can't criticize them, wouldn't blame Barnes for feeling slighted by that either.

I'm not villainizing him. He said he's circling the Magic games on his calendar. He's on the Lakers now. I don't blame him for signing with LA. Otis didn't want to resign him. But he's an enemy of the Magic now in his own eyes.

somewhat related... probably not, but hey the lakers are getting ready.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-...ews/story?id=5402710

quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers added depth along the front line by signing Theo Ratliff, the team announced on Thursday.

The 37-year-old played 49 games last season with San Antonio and Charlotte, averaging 3.6 points and 3.2 rebounds. He revived his career while starting 26 games with the Bobcats, averaging 5.1 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.54 blocked shots. He has averaged 7.3 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.45 blocks and 25.5 minutes in his 15-year NBA career with the Pistons, 76ers, Hawks, Trail Blazers, Timberwolves, Spurs and Bobcats.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers added depth along the front line by signing Theo Ratliff, the team announced on Thursday.

The 37-year-old played 49 games last season with San Antonio and Charlotte, averaging 3.6 points and 3.2 rebounds. He revived his career while starting 26 games with the Bobcats, averaging 5.1 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.54 blocked shots. He has averaged 7.3 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.45 blocks and 25.5 minutes in his 15-year NBA career with the Pistons, 76ers, Hawks, Trail Blazers, Timberwolves, Spurs and Bobcats.

One less vet center to pick up if we were to ship out Gortat.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

One less vet center to pick up if we were to ship out Gortat.

uk_basketball_orton_says_he_is_100_percent_committ.jpg

How do you plan on "destroying" anyone when your original post was so *******... uninformed? I can't believe you're complaining the Magic can't pull off something the PLAYERS themselves hardly have any say over (Gasol trade, Riley tanking for 4 seasons to get enough space for 3 FAs at nearly max), Barnes leaving (which was hardly that. He was looking for a pay day and we weren't gonna give it to him. We replaced him. It's not that he didn't want to stay. All he talked about throughout the year and when he opted out was how much he wanted to stay).

Grant Hill was a GREAT signing, you know, until he got all those 100 injuries.

I can't believe you're actually complaining that the Magic haven't been able to do what 2 franchises did (out of a possibly 30) that hasn't been done before since who the **** knows when.

The Heat big 3 hardly took a pay cut (at least from their original contracts), especially with no state taxes and endorsements (especially Bosh) they'll be getting. They got a minimum pay cut for something they have been planning on doing for YEARS. It had nothing to do with Miami and the organization being great at luring guys, it had to do with them becoming best friends on TEAM USA and just making sure they all became FAs at the same time.

The Gasol trade was a HUGE steal and only happened because the GM was a ****ing moron. KG actually had second thoughts about joining Boston because of the city, but after seeing he'd be playing with Allen and Pierce, he couldn't refuse.

You tell me exactly how we haven't "lured" Paul? He's not a FA and won't be a FA until 2012 or 2013 (if he doesn't opt out). If you're seriously complaining about the fact that we haven't been able to trade for him, keep in mind that it's not up to Paul, but the Hornets management.

1- Grant Hill was a great signing? Really? Wow.

2- Why was my post uninformed?

3- If Riley tanked for 4 seasons, how come they reached the playoffs in 2 of that 4 seasons

4- Is not 2 franchises that kept/traded/signed a major superstar while having other one already there. The Lakers did it (Kobe was there, bring Gasol). The Spurs did it (Robinson was there, keep Duncan.Duncan was there, keep Manu and Parker). The Celtics did it (Pierce was there, bring Allen and KG). The Heat did it (Wade, bring LeBron and Bosh). The Rockets did it (Hakeem, bring Drexler).

5- Were you the only one who knew that the players have been planning this for years? Maybe you knew also where LeBron was gonna end and could've saved us all some time regarding that "decision"

quote:
Temper temper. Your list was an abhorent attempt to paint the Magic organization in a negative light. Get over it.

I did not intend to put the organization in a negative light. I wanted to point a recurrent flaw I have seen in this team. I do it because I would like my team to continue progressing, instead of making the same bull mistakes from the past.

You could also stop with your theory and try to answer my points, since I have not seen your explanation.

To answer your points:

Yes, at the time, Grant Hill was a great signing. In retrospect, not so much, but at the time, it was epic, along with T-Mac. To suggest otherwise is ignorant.

Ignorance maybe?

D-Wade

Orlando brought both T-Mac and Hill at the same time, and almost brought Duncan along as well. They kept Dwight and brought in a "max free agent" in Lewis, and if you believe the hype and rumor mill, are on the verge of bringing in Chris Paul. What's your point?

The players themselves have admitted that this was in the works since the Olympics, it's not like that bit of information was a big secret. The question was only if it would really happen.

Yes, signing a guy that was averaging 20/7/6 WAS a great signing. What happened after wasn't our fault.

It was uninformed (stupid) because you're talking down on a franchise for not doing things that are nearly impossible to do.

Riley tanked. He didn't make any significant moves all those 4 years and only made it to the playoffs (where they lost in the 1st round) because of Wade.

Out of all of those things you mentioned, the only ones worth noting would be the Lakers bringing in Gasol (I dare you to think of a trade that lopsided) and the Heat getting all 3 players (which hasn't happened since... Erving/Collins/McGinnis.

There have been plenty of reports and articles that could very well support the idea that they've been planning all of that out, and you should check them out. ****, during the middle of last season, Riley himself said those were his plans, and just a year ago someone else reported it would be happening. No one wanted to believe it because it seemed too unrealistic.

Never mind the Magic trading for the rights to Penny AND keeping Shaq, also signing Horace Grant as a FA.

Winning is what get players interested, and there are PLENTY of players interested in joining Howard and the Magic. Only problem with that is that the team doesn't have any money to sign any FAs and you can't expect a team to pull out impossible trades a-la-Gasol.

ButterMilkPancakes

Posted July 23, 2010 02:33 PM Hide Post

Yes, signing a guy that was averaging 20/7/6 WAS a great signing. What happened after wasn't our fault.

It was uninformed (stupid) because you're talking down on a franchise for not doing things that are nearly impossible to do.

Riley tanked. He didn't make any significant moves all those 4 years and only made it to the playoffs (where they lost in the 1st round) because of Wade.

Out of all of those things you mentioned, the only ones worth noting would be the Lakers bringing in Gasol (I dare you to think of a trade that lopsided) and the Heat getting all 3 players (which hasn't happened since... Erving/Collins/McGinnis.

There have been plenty of reports and articles that could very well support the idea that they've been planning all of that out, and you should check them out. ****, during the middle of last season, Riley himself said those were his plans, and just a year ago someone else reported it would be happening. No one wanted to believe it because it seemed too unrealistic.

Never mind the Magic trading for the rights to Penny AND keeping Shaq, also signing Horace Grant as a FA.

Winning is what get players interested, and there are PLENTY of players interested in joining Howard and the Magic. Only problem with that is that the team doesn't have any money to sign any FAs and you can't expect a team to pull out impossible trades a-la-Gasol.

What about Garnett for Jefferson and scrubs? What about Jamison for Illgauskas (even though they did not win anything, it was lopsided for the Cavs)?

Magic traded for Penny giving no less than Webber - Does it seem like those "steal" trades to you? Essentially, we gave an all star for an all star, it was just that Penny exploded in 95/96 and Webber in 2000/01/02.

How is is that the most powerful big man in the whole league is not as attracting to the other players as for example Wade or Kobe? Cant it be that it has to do with the job of the Magic organization, or is it just that the city is not as appealing to them? Dont tell me about Shaq, because Shaq is not the only one who left us in the search for stardom.

I am not TALKING DOWN a franchise. I already said that the key draftees were successful. SVG signing and the depth this team has are excellent, IMO. I am just saying that most offseason or deadline decisions not involving the draft were probably key to avoid us of a championship, not just now, but since 96.

quote:

THESE are the statements I wanted you to refute, Echo. The other questions were for BMP. Are you sleepwalking today?