Sign in to follow this  
patport21

BREAKING: Matt Barnes to Lakers (PG. 16)

Okay everyone do not be upset with Barnes...he says in this article that the Magic did not offer him a contract at all...sucks...he was fun to watch...

Heres are the links to the article where the quotes from below came from http://www.orlandosentinel.com...0722,0,5970531.story

http://ht.ly/2fqTG

quote:
Barnes says he loves the fans in Central Florida and he insists harbors no ill will toward the franchise, even though it didn

quote:
Originally posted by ProphytMusic:

quote:
He insisted that he has no hard feelings against the Magic, who did not offer him a contract this offseason. But he also added, "As soon as that schedule comes out, I'm going to find out when we play Orlando, and I'll definitely be ready for those games."

Too bad that he didn't look at the schedule to see when we played Boston in the playoffs. I wish he was ready for those games.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Barnes was under contract with Orlando. He opted out. He said he wanted to stay here. If he ends up going to the Lakers for less or the same as his contract that he opted out, it kind of makes him look bad. Not Otis.

Exactly. It pisses me off he did this. I thought for sure he would sign with Cleveland after losing the Toronto deal. This feels like a slap in the face.

I honestly don't see the problem. It would have been bad on him if he would've chosen BOS or MIA, but instead, he chose to play near his hometown, which is understandable - and in the west might I add. After the Toronto fiasco went down, he stated that he was going to a contender. Cleveland is not a contender. We can't fault the man when he wasn't even offered anything by our organization, head-case or not.

I just wish that we could have kept him. I think that every team needs someone like him - and especially under a coach that preaches defense over offense. It seems, in our case, that management opted for offense over defense. Good luck Matt!

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

Kinda funny how fast a pro athlete can go from hero to villain

Funny how the Magic take this line with every player they choose to part ways with and fans still take it hook, line, & sinker...

Barnes opted out to get paid, didn't, settled for best opportunity...and idiots villainize him.

Magic determined backup PG was more important than starting SF, JJ was worth 3x what Barnes is, & Barnes was an offensive liability. Can't criticize them, wouldn't blame Barnes for feeling slighted by that either.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

Kinda funny how fast a pro athlete can go from hero to villain

Funny how the Magic take this line with every player they choose to part ways with and fans still take it hook, line, & sinker...

Barnes opted out to get paid, didn't, settled for best opportunity...and idiots villainize him.

Magic determined backup PG was more important than starting SF, JJ was worth 3x what Barnes is, & Barnes was an offensive liability. Can't criticize them, wouldn't blame Barnes for feeling slighted by that either.

+1 well said

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

I would have had so much respect for Matt if he actually said what he was going to do and get a decent contract like the toronto oe for example.

But this is just low

**** YOU MATT BARNES **** YOU

He tried, and it didn't work out. Not really his fault, is it?