Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

They are serious. If you asked me right now if I had to choose between Gilbert and Vince, I'd take Gilbert. The 1st rounder is just icing on the cake.

And we could somehow swing a 3 team deal to get rid of Gortat and maybe get a nice piece back for that too? Sign me up.

jareth is the voice of reason. not sure but people don't want to trade vince now because they think the hornets will just give us cp3 at the deadline. how much did the rockets get back for tmac's huge expiring again?

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

i really do not see this happening, but if it did i would start gil at pg with jj at sg. would be more ballanced on defense with lewis at sf, a better pf, and howard. nelson would be great coming of the bench. jj and nelson will be a nightmare for howard on defense. offense as will suffer as well because of nelson's poor passing decisions.

so jameer would be great coming off the bench playing 13 minutes a game behind arenas, even though we just signed duhon? makes sense.

Not give us CP3, but vince is going to become more valueable at the trade deadliine than he is now. I do not like the Risk with Gil. I want Carter gone, but to me unless they give us an unconditional 1st..... No way would I do it.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

i really do not see this happening, but if it did i would start gil at pg with jj at sg. would be more ballanced on defense with lewis at sf, a better pf, and howard. nelson would be great coming of the bench. jj and nelson will be a nightmare for howard on defense. offense as will suffer as well because of nelson's poor passing decisions.

OMG YOU GUYS! JACKLJ WANTS JAMEER TO COME OFF THE BENCH. ISN'T THAT THE MOST ASTOUNDING THING YOU HAVE EVER HEARD???

I think we should automatically post Jack's regurgitated opinion of Jameer in the opening post of any thread that may eventually reference our starting point guard. That way, I won't have to see this guy post anymore.

I would rather see VCdaCarter debate Sargee on foreign relations than have Jack tell me one more time that Nelson isn't a starting point guard.

VCDaCarter would claim that Vince should be in charge of all artillery fire because even at his age, Vince is still capable of getting plenty of shots off, even if he usually ends up missing his target.

Sarge would then call him a racist for implying that Turkish people can't get their shots off, or for implying that Turkish people usually don't miss their target.

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

trade for agent 0 then do this

10wljjm.jpg

we are golden

Creature Dance

because the 76er's want jameer when they have jrue holiday & lou williams? are they giving up speights for gortat because they hate money?

With the way Otis talked on his transcript he expects VC to have a better year this year...but I don't trust what he says...I agree with what jturner said...pg-6

I hear Arenas and all I can think about is how much he actually played and contributed to the Wiz the past 2 yrs... which was about "Zero"...

Agent or not, his contract is worst than Lewis's.....

And the "future" first... what yr is that suppose to be... 2011 or 2012... the difference between the 2 can be a + or - 10 spots in the draft....

I know VC isnt the guy he once was.... but this doesnt sount like a good deal... Keeping in mind his contract expires... giving us cap room....

Honestly... we should start making a run at Melo (moving peices, clearing cap).. but thats just my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

VCDaCarter would claim that Vince should be in charge of all artillery fire because even at his age, Vince is still capable of getting plenty of shots off, even if he usually ends up missing his target.

Sarge would then call him a racist for implying that Turkish people can't get their shots off, or for implying that Turkish people usually don't miss their target.

I take it back. That would be highly entertaining. How about this: I would rather listen to Celine Dion sing Welcome to the Jungle while I clean porta pottys with a newspaper than read another Jacklj post about Jameer not being a starting point guard.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

I hear Arenas and all I can think about is how much he actually played and contributed to the Wiz the past 2 yrs... which was about "Zero"...

Agent or not, his contract is worst than Lewis's.....

And the "future" first... what yr is that suppose to be... 2011 or 2012... the difference between the 2 can be a + or - 10 spots in the draft....

I know VC isnt the guy he once was.... but this doesnt sount like a good deal... Keeping in mind his contract expires... giving us cap room....

Honestly... we should start making a run at Melo (moving peices, clearing cap).. but thats just my opinion.

Ask the Nets, Knicks, Bulls, and Clippers how they feel about mortgaging several seasons in the hope of signing a big free agent only to miss out completely. We would really be swinging for the fences in the hopes of getting Carmelo. If we don't get him, does that affect Dwight's decision? Is it worth the risk?