Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I just remembered that Big Z is no longer with the Cavs, and unless Shaq changed overnight, it won't be long before he demands a trade to another contender, so they'll be pretty thin up front with only Jamison/Hickson/Varejao/Powe manning PF/C.

I'll revise my prediction to 30 wins, good for 10th in the East.

Between everyone else sleeping on them, and feeling like they have something to prove now that LeBron is out of the picture, I think they might end up fighting for a playoff spot down the stretch. MIGHT.

It would be interesting if they scratched their way in and played Miami in the first round.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

FYI, the Wizards have two first round picks next year - their pick and CLE's pick. Anybody think CLE will be a playoff team without Lebron?

I'm thinking 7th or 8th seed. They are still a decent team with Lebron.

Not a chance, lottery lock.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

FYI, the Wizards have two first round picks next year - their pick and CLE's pick. Anybody think CLE will be a playoff team without Lebron?

2011 picks are practically worthless outside of the top 5. Should be worse depth wise than this past one. I'm sure we'll get a few surprise guys who's stock shoots up but 2012 is where its at.

The only two guys who'd be of any worth to us from the 2011 draft would be jan vessely and harrison barnes

Perry Jones, Brandan Knight, Kyler Singler, Kemba Walker, Elias Harris.

Yeah, it's a weak draft though.

LOL Singler in the NBA

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

quote:

I just remembered that Big Z is no longer with the Cavs, and unless Shaq changed overnight, it won't be long before he demands a trade to another contender, so they'll be pretty thin up front with only Jamison/Hickson/Varejao/Powe manning PF/C.

Between everyone else sleeping on them, and feeling like they have something to prove now that LeBron is out of the picture, I think they might end up fighting for a playoff spot down the stretch. MIGHT.

It would be interesting if they scratched their way in and played Miami in the first round.

It might actually happen. The east will have around 6 quality teams (Orlando, Miami, Bucks, Bulls, Celtics, Bobcats, Hawks) but after that it's pretty bad.

I think Cleveland will get around 40 wins and fight for the 8 seed.

Actually, this is EXACTLY how it'll all unfold in the East:

1. Heat

2. Magic

3. Hawks

4. Bucks

5. Bulls

6. Celtics (would rate them above Hawks/Bulls/Bucks in the playoffs, but that team will not do too well in the regular season)

7. Bobcats

8. Cavs

9. Pacers

10. Wizards

11. 76ers

12. New York

13. Toronto

14. New Jersey

15. Detroit

Cavs, Pacers, and Wizards will be fighting for the 8 seed.

stop it with this garbage, did you just forget the celts beat us just a few months back? one year is not going to move them all the way to 6th or whatever. until we beat them, they are better than us. ohh and by the way our CURRENT team is not the much better than our playoff team. infact i don't think were better at all, maybe a little worse.

barnes > q rich

duhon meh!

don't discount the celts. they're proven. we certainly thought they were old, but they outmuscled us and pushed the lakers to 7 games. we got taken out in 5 games to the rightful champs.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It might actually happen. The east will have around 6 quality teams (Orlando, Miami, Bucks, Bulls, Celtics, Bobcats, Hawks) but after that it's pretty bad.

1. Heat

2. Magic

3. Hawks

4. Bucks

5. Bulls

6. Celtics (would rate them above Hawks/Bulls/Bucks in the playoffs, but that team will not do too well in the regular season)

7. Bobcats

8. Cavs

9. Pacers

10. Wizards

11. 76ers

12. New York

13. Toronto

14. New Jersey

15. Detroit

quote:
Originally posted by D12:

stop it with this garbage, did you just forget the celts beat us just a few months back? one year is not going to move them all the way to 6th or whatever. until we beat them, they are better than us. ohh and by the way our CURRENT team is not the much better than our playoff team. infact i don't think were better at all, maybe a little worse.

barnes > q rich

duhon meh!

don't discount the celts. they're proven. we certainly thought they were old, but they outmuscled us and pushed the lakers to 7 games. we got taken out in 5 games to the rightful champs.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1. Heat

2. Magic

3. Hawks

4. Bucks

5. Bulls

7. Bobcats

8. Cavs

9. Pacers

10. Wizards

11. 76ers

12. New York

13. Toronto

14. New Jersey

15. Detroit

the celtic's muscle is sidelined until february with a major knee injury that wont allow him to be 100% this season. Sheed retired too.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

quote:

quote:

2011 picks are practically worthless outside of the top 5. Should be worse depth wise than this past one. I'm sure we'll get a few surprise guys who's stock shoots up but 2012 is where its at.

The only two guys who'd be of any worth to us from the 2011 draft would be jan vessely and harrison barnes

LOL Singler in the NBA

if we could take the higher of their two picks(one will def be in the top ten) and either select or move up to get perry i would be ecstatic.

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

quote:

quote:

LOL Singler in the NBA

if we could take the higher of their two picks(one will def be in the top ten) and either select or move up to get perry i would be ecstatic.

I think Jan Vessely might be a good starter. would be the rebirth of the 6'11 Euro SF in orlando

quote:
Originally posted by D12:

barnes > q rich

duhon meh!

and I clearly made the point about putting them there for the regular season only. The Celtics won 50 games last year. This year, not only are their older (which for them it doesn't help), they are also missing Perkins until February. They lost Tony Allen, and will probably lose Wallace. As it stands, for the beginning of the season, their front court will consist of O'Neal, KG, and Big Baby. They lost their defensive coach. They're not going to win more regular season games than the Bulls/Bucks. Don't forget the Bucks won 46 games last year, only 4 less than Boston.

The Hawks, Bulls, Bucks, Celtics and possibly the Bobcats will be fighting for position and I expect the #3 seed and the #7 seed to be no more than 4 games behind each other.

I don't think the Bobcats are in the same mix as Atlanta, Milwaukee, etc.

The top six teams in the East are clearly (in no specific order) Miami, Orlando, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, Milwaukee. The 7th and 8th seeds are wide open. Charlotte, New York, Cleveland, Indiana, Philadelphia, maybe even New Jersey will all be fighting for those two spots.