Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

VC hasn't done anything for this franchise yet.

No one apart from Dwight has, and it's sad. But we may get a ring this or the next year

well i guess jameer did alot.

I have a feeling that Cleveland will hover around the 34-35 win mark for the first few seasons, making them a fringe playoff team much like we were from 2004-2007. To me, being in the middle is worse than being near the bottom. You have no hope in achieving anything in the playoffs, and you're not quite sorry enough to warrant that top 5 draft pick. I wouldn't be shocked if they began shopping Jamison/Williams to another contender in hopes of fighting off Miami's title hopes.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

VC hasn't done anything for this franchise yet.

No one apart from Dwight has, and it's sad. But we may get a ring this or the next year

well i guess jameer did alot.

Well he's been here as long as Dwight so he's helped us rise from that 20 win season.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

FYI, the Wizards have two first round picks next year - their pick and CLE's pick. Anybody think CLE will be a playoff team without Lebron?

I'm thinking 7th or 8th seed. They are still a decent team with Lebron.

Hell no.

ORLANDO, Miami, Bulls, Bucks, Hawks, Knicks, Celtics, Bobcats are all better.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

I think what people have to realize is that Dwight is the franchise. He turned this team around into a title contender. Other guys have helped further the process, but at center stage is Dwight. The DPOY. The athletic freak. The smiling kid who wants to win.

VC hasn't done anything for this franchise yet. If anything, he brought alot of expectations that he failed to live up to. He replaced whether we like to admit it or not, a key piece to our team. He also was supposed to add a dimension to this squad that it sorely lacks. Someone who can take the offensive pressure and score in bunches in crunch time. He failed. Simple as that.

Was it a mental thing? Are his abilities simply diminishing due to age? Did he not give his 100% due to being on a team capable of covering up his mistakes?

Who knows? Maybe it's 1 of those, maybe it's all of the above, maybe it's none. All we know is Vince is not the guy that will get us over the hump. Unless he finds the fountain of youth, it ain't happening. I wish it would.

And this isn't a knock on Vince the person. He is a GREAT guy. Appears to be a dynamite teammate. Very caring and helps his community in many ways. Separate that from Vince the basketball player and you will be able to analyze him a bit better without feeling too guilty about saying something negative.

I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more than I do with this one.

Well said Jareth.

too true

VC is one of my all time favourite players and of the the few guys who seems to have stayed grounded off the court, but he has been a failure for the magic and I don't think he can offer us any more than a decent trade chip

I also he leaves so I can buy his jersey for buttons

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I have a feeling that Cleveland will hover around the 34-35 win mark for the first few seasons, making them a fringe playoff team much like we were from 2004-2007. To me, being in the middle is worse than being near the bottom. You have no hope in achieving anything in the playoffs, and you're not quite sorry enough to warrant that top 5 draft pick. I wouldn't be shocked if they began shopping Jamison/Williams to another contender in hopes of fighting off Miami's title hopes.

Simmons tweeted that they should go after Arenas, and I say why the hell not? Turn them into a form of the Wizards.

quote:

FYI, the Wizards have two first round picks next year - their pick and CLE's pick. Anybody think CLE will be a playoff team without Lebron?

2011 picks are practically worthless outside of the top 5. Should be worse depth wise than this past one. I'm sure we'll get a few surprise guys who's stock shoots up but 2012 is where its at.

The only two guys who'd be of any worth to us from the 2011 draft would be jan vessely and harrison barnes

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:

Simmons tweeted that they should go after Arenas, and I say why the hell not? Turn them into a form of the Wizards.

he may not be an ideal role model for delonte

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

I'm thinking 7th or 8th seed. They are still a decent team with Lebron.

Hell no.

ORLANDO, Miami, Bulls, Bucks, Hawks, Knicks, Celtics, Bobcats are all better.

dunno about knicks yet. but yeah.

quote:
Originally posted by Ullan:

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:

he may not be an ideal role model for delonte

hahaha good stuff. But he suggested the trade for Arenas might involve Delonte. As well as Boobie and like a draft pick or something, I can't remember.