Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

please bring back the CP3 thread

I miss it. It really made the offseason even more fun an always gave us something to read after (or before/during) work or whenever you were busy. Truely, it was a masterpiece.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

This is the internet though, let's not take it too seriously.

The problem is, it's just too simple to classify this as the "internet" and somehow justify that anything goes as a result. This is not Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc. This is a basketball discussion forum, and thus should function as one (at least the majority of the time). At present, it is my opinion that basketball discussion has become the enslaved minority around here for some time now.

If I were to head down to my local basketball court and play hopscotch or draw rainbows at center court with sidewalk chalk while a game was ongoing, any bets what the outcome of that scenario would be? All I'm asking for here is that the kids that would rather ride the merry go round stay the heck off the court while the grownups are playing ball.

And for those that continue to say "stop complaining and talk hoops then". Ever stop to think that there have been 10-15-20-30-40 attempts to talk hoops that have been interrupted and subsequently bludgeoned by page after page after unrelenting page of murderous crap?

you do realize we went back to talking about basketball, then you decided to post this.

You're such a smug little son of a b1tch. Are there any other mods that participate on this board anymore? Why not address the point while sitting on your high horse?

And, Nope. Sure didn't. I responded to the last page that I had open on my computer before I left it sitting idle for the last two hours. Then I hit refresh and responded to a post on that page without realizing that there were 3-4 additional pages since then.

quote:

quote:

so we good to get rid of this thread now? everybody done?

That would be great. Then this thread would go the way that so many before it have.

1) New thread started with legit discussion points.

2) Basketball discussion takes place for nearly 2hours with a sprinkle of IBTL's and funny pics.

3) When the usual suspects finally decide they no longer enjoy discourse on the subject (with an attention span of roughly 3 hours this doesn't take long), the emoticons, gifs, and typical sarcasm ensue with irregularity.

4) Those people that missed the first two hours of discussion contribute a random on topic post that is inevitably ignored due to being drowned out by the annoying static.

5) THE ANNOYING STATIC ENGULFS THE THREAD AND THE FIVE SENSES OF ANYBODY TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF THIS VOMIT.

6) BIG BAD MOD FINALLY GETS OFF HIS AZZ AND CLOSES THREAD, LEADING HIS PACK OF PIRANHAS TO THE NEXT UNEXPECTING VICTIM THAT IS NAIVE ENOUGH TO WADE INTO THE SHALLOW WATERS OF BASKETBALL DISCUSSION.

yes, because I (or other mods) go tell everyone to post pictures.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

This is the internet though, let's not take it too seriously.

The problem is, it's just too simple to classify this as the "internet" and somehow justify that anything goes as a result. This is not Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc. This is a basketball discussion forum, and thus should function as one (at least the majority of the time). At present, it is my opinion that basketball discussion has become the enslaved minority around here for some time now.

If I were to head down to my local basketball court and play hopscotch or draw rainbows at center court with sidewalk chalk while a game was ongoing, any bets what the outcome of that scenario would be? All I'm asking for here is that the kids that would rather ride the merry go round stay the heck off the court while the grownups are playing ball.

And for those that continue to say "stop complaining and talk hoops then". Ever stop to think that there have been 10-15-20-30-40 attempts to talk hoops that have been interrupted and subsequently bludgeoned by page after page after unrelenting page of murderous crap?

you do realize we went back to talking about basketball, then you decided to post this.

You're such a smug little son of a b1tch. Are there any other mods that participate on this board anymore? Why not address the point while sitting on your high horse?

And, Nope. Sure didn't. I responded to the last page that I had open on my computer before I left it sitting idle for the last two hours. Then I hit refresh and responded to a post on that page without realizing that there were 3-4 additional pages since then.

LMAOOOOOOOO I'm glad someone agrees with me. He's so full of ****, it stinks.

I read it, I don't agree with what you are trying to convey, and becaus of reasons that I already stated, I don't care what you think on the matter.

As for the rest of your internet tough guy act, it's boring and predictable. I should have stuck with my original choice and just ignored you because conversation with you is also boring and predictable.

Your time on this board will be short lived. Either you **** off the wrong moderator or your boy gets traded and you disappear and become someone else's problem. Either way, I'm done with you. Welcome to my ignore list big fella.

quote:

quote:

quote:

so we good to get rid of this thread now? everybody done?

That would be great. Then this thread would go the way that so many before it have.

1) New thread started with legit discussion points.

2) Basketball discussion takes place for nearly 2hours with a sprinkle of IBTL's and funny pics.

3) When the usual suspects finally decide they no longer enjoy discourse on the subject (with an attention span of roughly 3 hours this doesn't take long), the emoticons, gifs, and typical sarcasm ensue with irregularity.

4) Those people that missed the first two hours of discussion contribute a random on topic post that is inevitably ignored due to being drowned out by the annoying static.

5) THE ANNOYING STATIC ENGULFS THE THREAD AND THE FIVE SENSES OF ANYBODY TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF THIS VOMIT.

6) BIG BAD MOD FINALLY GETS OFF HIS AZZ AND CLOSES THREAD, LEADING HIS PACK OF PIRANHAS TO THE NEXT UNEXPECTING VICTIM THAT IS NAIVE ENOUGH TO WADE INTO THE SHALLOW WATERS OF BASKETBALL DISCUSSION.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you really do things like that.

quote:

You certainly don't prohibit it, or at the very least discourage it.

I'll help the cause by just putting the rest of the VC homers on ignore. I had my fun, but it really is getting old. It's like they're immune to stats and logical thinking.