Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Can you guys provide me the youtube clips where Vince hit those clutch shots in the 4th quarter during the playoffs or made his free throws?

Can you post highlights where howard was 100% from the free throw line? No one ever talks about howard's flaws, it's like he's untouchable on this forum.

http://www.basketball-referenc...es/200903080BOS.html

Once last year huh. We're not living in the past are we.

then why are you asking for vc's game winners against toronto?

That was someone else. Sorry, kid.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Can you guys provide me the youtube clips where Vince hit those clutch shots in the 4th quarter during the playoffs or made his free throws?

Can you post highlights where howard was 100% from the free throw line? No one ever talks about howard's flaws, it's like he's untouchable on this forum.

You linked a game from last year as well.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ucfknights22:

quote:

quote:

He's the franchise player and no one expects him to hit a high percentage from the FT line. Now if he starts missing dunks, then I might have something to say.

The team loses games because of his poor FT%. That's a childish and stupid post, little boy. Teams will continue the hack-a-howard strategy until his FTs get better.

Obviously. My point is that he has never been good at that aspect of the game. So why expect it now? However, Vince has hit clutch shots in the fourth and hits his fts so we expect him to play up to what he is capable of.

quote:

quote:

I remember all the games Shaq lost because of his poor FT shooting...

oh wait

Shaq's offensive game was a lot better than Dwight. Try again.

In what sense? In the sense that he got the ball more or that he was allowed to bulldoze players since lowering your shoulder to clear a guy out technically wasn't a foul until 2001ish. It was better, but not out of this world better. Dwight is also a much better rebounder/defender, and that's WITH all the rules today that don't benefit a center as much as it did before 2000.

quote:

quote:

I remember all the games Shaq lost because of his poor FT shooting...

oh wait

Shaq's offensive game was a lot better than Dwight. Try again.

Dwight's defensive game should make up for the difference, though.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He's the franchise player and no one expects him to hit a high percentage from the FT line. Now if he starts missing dunks, then I might have something to say.

The team loses games because of his poor FT%. That's a childish and stupid post, little boy. Teams will continue the hack-a-howard strategy until his FTs get better.

No this team loses because our go to wing player is too old and crippled and doesn't consistantly drive and slash.

dumbass_award.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

quote:
can you post the gm winners he hit against toronto. and how in one of his first few games with orl, how he abused c lee. laugh at that.

How can one guy ride another guys jock so much? I just dont understand it.

or another question is how can guys talk badly about someone so much?

because when the guy is on the DECLINE of his career, and there are guys on this forum who think he is still a SUPERSTAR it gets pretty annoying.

we're always going to butt heads here with it comes to superstars vs. an entire team issue. most of us here are more or less worried about the team as a whole and not just one guy, especially if we're expecting to see vince do anything like he did in his toronto years, which is/was 10 years ago now? the guy did great things, but he doesn't look like anything close to what he used to look like back in his prime days, his legs got old and he mentally checks himself out of games. it's sad but it happens, the problem here is that some of you are obsessed with this superstar garbage that's fed to you by a spoon to espn and the nba, but then the rest of us have an entire team to cheer on as well. if that said superstar leaves or goes down then guess what? we have an entire team to worry about here.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

well i'm probably older than you and more educated, so stop with the kid nonsense, actually it would make sense that you were older than me, maybe you were 27 or something when vince was actually useable and you got off on that?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No this team loses because our go to wing player is too old and crippled and doesn't consistantly drive and slash.

dumbass_award.jpg

i think i yawn more times a game than vince actually slashes, but hey if it was my yawning vs. vince giving up on a play and jacking up some lame fadeaway, then i think you'd have us all there.