Cigam Odnalro

Wizards Insider: VC for Gil *will* happen

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by Chief II:

Gilbert is healthier and younger than Vince. I say do it.

And far better. Actually a top tier 2guard in the NBA.

A lot of people are severely underrating how good Gil is. He was good on a bad team. Put him with Dwight creating space, and it's scary.

Add in Gilbert playing with a massive chip on his shoulder and you have a VERY determined and talented player.

lol, wasn't the same said about Wincent? SVG Sad

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Anyone who actually wants the Magic to trade for Arenas is just desperate for us to do something big. His contract is too big to take the risk. He's injury prone and has the obvious issues thar ended his season last year. It's just not worth it right now, plus we need some fiancial flexibility for when Dwight is a FA.

Anyone who cites the gun incident as a reason to not trade for Arenas is looking way too far into it, and/or ignoring his overall track record.

He's another stupid decision from being suspended a long time. That, with his horrible contract, injury history, and history of not being the most effective player on the block is enough for me to pass on this. I'd rather hang on to VC at the deadline where his contract will be a nice trade piece and look at our options than blow our load on a player like Gilbert Arenas who isn't worth the risk at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

Anyone who actually wants the Magic to trade for Arenas is just desperate for us to do something big. His contract is too big to take the risk. He's injury prone and has the obvious issues thar ended his season last year. It's just not worth it right now, plus we need some fiancial flexibility for when Dwight is a FA.

Anyone who cites the gun incident as a reason to not trade for Arenas is looking way too far into it, and/or ignoring his overall track record.

People look way too much into the fact that my neighbor raped and murdered that sorority girl. I mean, yeah, he did that, but he's not a bad guy! He even helped me fix my lawn mower! Overall track record!

There's a huge difference between maliciously raping a girl with 100% ill intentions, and playfully, albeit extremely immaturely, joking around with a gun, no ill intentions.

quote:

quote:

quote:

He's another stupid decision from being suspended a long time. That, with his horrible contract, injury history, and history of not being the most effective player on the block is enough for me to pass on this. I'd rather hang on to VC at the deadline where his contract will be a nice trade piece and look at our options than blow our load on a player like Gilbert Arenas who isn't worth the risk at all.

YOU JUST DESCRIBED WINCE. YOU KNOW, THE GUY WE ACTUALLY HAVE ON OUR TEAM THAT WE ARE STUCK WITH UNTIL FEBRUARY ACCORDING TO YOUR MATH.

AND TELL ME ONCE WHERE OTIS MADE A DEADLINE DEAL WITH EXPIRINGS BESIDES MAYBE STEVIE FRANCHISE WHO WAS A HEADCASE. TELL ME MILLER. TELL ME.

quote:

quote:

quote:

If he did end up doing something of that nature again, he would be suspended for at least a year and the team would be able to void his contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

quote:

YOU JUST DESCRIBED WINCE. YOU KNOW, THE GUY WE ACTUALLY HAVE ON OUR TEAM THAT WE ARE STUCK WITH UNTIL FEBRUARY ACCORDING TO YOUR MATH.

AND TELL ME ONCE WHERE OTIS MADE A DEADLINE DEAL WITH EXPIRINGS BESIDES MAYBE STEVIE FRANCHISE WHO WAS A HEADCASE. TELL ME MILLER. TELL ME.

There is a first time for everything. Well, except for Vince Carter winning a ring for the first time. But everything else...yeah, first time.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chill Bro. It's Just the Internet Razzer

internet-24591.jpg

I'm denying it right now. In his best season of '06, a season where his eFG% was just below the league average, he was outscored by Kobe Bryant by 6ppg, and managed to outscore Wade by less than a point a game while playing 4 more minutes a game and taking almost 3 more shots.

I'm not denying he was a very talented scorer. He just happened to be an inefficient one in most seasons, and you're trying to place him in company to which he doesn't belong.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Even if he's not dealt, he comes off the books soon enough. Arenas does not. If Arenas is a giant bust (which is very likely), we're stuck with his ugly face for even longer.

Think about it this way, imagine us having Wince... until the summer of 2014.

Oh, and since I went to check Arenas' contract, I can answer a question from before.

He has a PLAYER OPTION for 2012/2013

His contract is:

2010/2011: $17,730,694

2011/2012: $19,269,308

2012/2013: $20,807,922 PLAYER OPTION

2013/2014: $22,346,536 (no options)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

People look way too much into the fact that my neighbor raped and murdered that sorority girl. I mean, yeah, he did that, but he's not a bad guy! He even helped me fix my lawn mower! Overall track record!

There's a huge difference between maliciously raping a girl with 100% ill intentions, and playfully, albeit extremely immaturely, joking around with a gun, no ill intentions.

The point.

You missed it.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Even if he's not dealt, he comes off the books soon enough. Arenas does not. If Arenas is a giant bust (which is very likely), we're stuck with his ugly face for even longer.

Think about it this way, imagine us having Wince... until the summer of 2014.

Oh, and since I went to check Arenas' contract, I can answer a question from before.

He has a PLAYER OPTION for 2012/2013

His contract is:

2010/2011: $17,730,694

2011/2012: $19,269,308

2012/2013: $20,807,922 PLAYER OPTION

2013/2014: $22,346,536 (no options)

ATLEAST WE GET PRODUCTION OUT OF HIM BRO I GUARANTEE YOU 10 BONES DAT IF WE ARENAS HE WOULD PUT UP ALL-STAR NUMBAS I GUARANTEE BOOK IT DAWG.

quote:

I'm denying it right now. In his best season of '06, a season where his eFG% was just below the league average, he was outscored by Kobe Bryant by 6ppg, and managed to outscore Wade by less than a point a game while playing 4 more minutes a game and taking almost 3 more shots.

I'm not denying he was a very talented scorer. He just happened to be an inefficient one in most seasons, and you're trying to place him in company to which he doesn't belong.

What? Using Kobe's 35 ppg season to devalue Arenas' remarkable season, averaging close to 30 ppg with percentages equal to, if not greater than, Wade's and Kobe's? The numbers are right on par with Wade. I guess there's no convincing you, but the numbers support my argument.