Sign in to follow this  
Cigam Odnalro

Wizards Insider: VC for Gil *will* happen

I'm not the one claiming he was as good a player as Wade and Kobe. That was you. Hence why I used them as points of comparison.

And remember when I said that he was below average in efficiency in every season, with one exception. I even used the one exception; he still wasn't as good as Wade or Kobe. That doesn't mean he wasn't good, or even VERY good. He was 3rd team all-NBA that year based entirely on his ability to score(since he's not all-star level at pretty much anything else). That's impressive.

But that doesn't make him as good as the best players in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

The point.

You missed it.

I'm not really sure what your point is. Raping a girl goes WAAAAAY beyond anything Arenas did, and absolutely deserves full punishment and distrust, despite any track record, since the INTENT was 100% malicious. Arenas made an immature mistake, and aside from that one mistake, he's had a clean track record, and I had fully considered him one of the good guys in the NBA.

Playful mistake... Malicious ****... playful mistake... malicious ****...

quote:

I'm not the one claiming he was as good a player as Wade and Kobe. That was you. Hence why I used them as points of comparison.

And remember when I said that he was below average in efficiency in every season, with one exception. I even used the one exception; he still wasn't as good as Wade or Kobe. That doesn't mean he wasn't good, or even VERY good. He was 3rd team all-NBA that year based entirely on his ability to score(since he's not all-star level at pretty much anything else). That's impressive.

But that doesn't make him as good as the best players in the league.

I never said he was a better player. I said he was as good of a scorer as Wade from '04 to '07. I later said his percentages were on par with Wade and Kobe, again referring to '04 to '07. I stand by those statements. Kobe and Wade are/were better players, but Arenas was on par with them scoring-wise, at least with Wade.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

quote:

The point.

You missed it.

I'm not really sure what your point is. Raping a girl goes WAAAAAY beyond anything Arenas did, and absolutely deserves full punishment and distrust, despite any track record, since the INTENT was 100% malicious. Arenas made an immature mistake, and aside from that one mistake, he's had a clean track record, and I had fully considered him one of the good guys in the NBA.

Playful mistake... Malicious ****... playful mistake... malicious ****...

Replace "raping a girl" with "burned an apartment building down when he set off some fireworks indoors" if you want.

Either way, you're still known as the guy who did one jaw-droppingly stupid thing, and that's something you have to live with.

Although in Gilbert's case, the argument that "it was all just immature fun, not serious" is more akin to "I didn't know the prostitute I was caught with was underage". Even if the latter part was true, you're still guilty of something before that which is, you know, a felony.

quote:

Replace "raping a girl" with "burned an apartment building down when he set off some fireworks indoors" if you want.

Either way, you're still known as the guy who did one jaw-droppingly stupid thing, and that's something you have to live with.

Although in Gilbert's case, the argument that "it was all just immature fun, not serious" is more akin to "I didn't know the prostitute I was caught with was underage". Even if the latter part was true, you're still guilty of something before that which is, you know, a felony.

Fair enough.

To hold it against him in a trade, however, I still don't see any weight to it. I'd put the chances of him doing something immature like that again at next to none. I just don't see the issue. It's not like he's a bad character or cancer in the locker room, to my knowledge. He seems involved in the community, generally playful and good spirited, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

Id like the deal if it was an unprotected 2011 1st rounder. Win the lottery and get Harrison Barnes and were set.

nah, 2012 is where it's at

i think if we got arenas it would be a huge upgrade over jameer as long as he keeps his head in check and outta trouble. and i think it gives redick a chance to blossom into a decent start sg. im crossing my fingers and we will see what happeens.