Sign in to follow this  
Cigam Odnalro

Wizards Insider: VC for Gil *will* happen

I'd welcome Gil with open arms if it didn't handcuff us during the time we need to re-sign Dwight. And I don't think its enough of a home-run to risk it.

Downside(team chemistry issues, injury/stupidity issues, financial issues, lose VCs expiring which can get us something valuable in return) outweighs upside.

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

Downside(team chemistry issues, injury/stupidity issues, financial issues, lose VCs expiring which can get us something valuable in return) outweighs upside.

What if it meant getting us over the hump?

I would honestly do this. Gilbert would open our offense up even more. He is a better shooter than Vince(although he does it a bit much), can get to the rim better than Vince can at this point in his career, and his a much better passer than Vince as well. Unfortunately Vince was really a shell of his former self last year, and I think its pretty apparent that his best years behind him. Its not like we have any money as it is and I think we are clearly in a win now situation. Lets worry about how much cap space we have when its time, who knows how long our window of opportunity for a championship will be open.

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

What if it meant getting us over the hump?

chances are it won't. Otis has to be smart. We don't need to do a high risk high reward type trade right now. We're not a borderline 4th seed or something. We can win with what we have. Plus, like everyone has already said, VCs an expiring. Attract better deals in January if it's not working.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

one thing arenas has over vince is clutch shooting. guy has hit so many game winners. still take vince over him, i dont want to play small ball with meer and arenas, god no.

go to youtube and look at vcs clutch shots. he has a ton of them. more than agent 0.