Sign in to follow this  
Cigam Odnalro

Wizards Insider: VC for Gil *will* happen

someone refered to a grant hillish type scenario if we get arenas....we have men on the MAGIC...i personally dont want someone stupid like arenas compromising the integrity of the MAGIC! i pass arenas!

I would much rather keep VC. He has 1 year left and gil has 4 @ 80milliom ( i think that what i read. No way this deal helps us. And those wizards fans on that page are saying they hope they could get Gortat and or draft picks for Gil. They have seriously not been watching Magic Basketball.

We just paid JJ $19 million for the next four years to be your starting SG once VC is done here. If anything we are going to go for a scoring PG/PF. We have Q and JJ that can fill the SG spot for the next 4 years. I don't see us making this deal for a 28 year old with $80 million left on his deal that can give Dwight fire arm lessons.

We are trying to reduce our cap hit this would just make it worse and limit us in the coming years. As stated by others, the only way Gil ends up with us is if the new CBA allows for restructuring of contracts like the NFL.

I've always been a huge fan of Agent 0 but no thanks on this trade. I would have been fine if his contract had been bought out and we could have signed him for something smaller but not at the full asking price. I'd rather keep Vince and have his expiring.

If Washington buys out Arena's in a deal that allows us to resign him for cheap and that sends VC's expiring for trade exception & draft picks then I like it.

For the Wizard they owe him $80M, if they can buy him out for half of what they owe him that saves the organization $22M and gives them a fresh start after VC expires not to mention VC would be pretty good next to John Wall. For them it essentially speeds up his tenure there to when his contract becomes an expiring asset.

For the Magic it gives us a legitimate go to scorer at a discount rate and if we sign him for two years w/last yr a team option it keeps our cap flexibility intact.

For Arenas, he gets a fresh start & still makes $40 Million + whatever deal Otis gives him. He leaves $40M on the table but it saves him from either getting traded (though highly unlikely) to a destination not of his choosing; or ending up like Starbury, buried in bench purgatory essentially ending his career.

its absolutely a risk w/his health problems but VC hasn't exactly shown he's not a stubbed toe away from hitting the floor screaming in pain and taken out of the game. Arenas is 28 and Carter is 33. Arenas is 6-4 vs Carter 6-6. Both are defensively inadequate but thats more of an effort issue as both have the tools to be decent. Carter has proved to be NOT clutch, Arenas we would have to see. Carter gives us continuity and decent off numbers. Arenas gives us speed and a deadly offensive weapon.

I would take Gil for Vince in a heartbeat. He was playing ok until the suspension. I just feel like Gil game will help Jameer the most. Vince really wasnt getting his teammates good looks and thats what Gil can do. Also Nelson can play more off ball now with Gil starting at the 2. This team would have a lot of scoring power and FINALLY will have a CLOSER at the end of games. When Gil is healthy he can be one of the best players in the league. Otis should definitely go for him. The last superstar type wing player we had was McGrady. Its time to bring Agent Zero to Orlando.

Nelson,Arenas,Richardson,Lewis,Howard would crush every team in the league.

Trading Arenas for Wincent straight up would be TERRIBLE. His contract is awful and could actually hinder the team financially. If Wincent isn't working out, at least we can trade him for good pieces because of his expiring. No one would be crazy enough to take on Arenas' and if he were to go down/fail, we'd be stuck with him for awhile.

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

If Washington buys out Arena's in a deal that allows us to resign him for cheap and that sends VC's expiring for trade exception & draft picks then

Arenas gives us speed and a deadly offensive weapon.

And then we can trade the tpe for cp3 and another player for posey/okafur to get them to bite! Or not....

I'd love to see Arenas on this team if Washington can buy out out his contract, but why would Gilbert give up 40 million dollars? That's powerball money! I know he has a good relationship with Otis, but he ain't crazy.

Gil could make us better thats true. He could also make us worse by splitting the chemistry apart, being hurt alot, shooting someone, or just his mouth getting him in trouble, too much risk in the deal.

This deal would be interesting in the least but i think Gil Still has it cause i watched a good amount of his games when he played this past season and he has WAY more explosiveness than Vince had and he can turn the corner as good as he used to so talent isn't the problem....Imo if the deal is on the table i think Jameer would have to go cause when i actually took time to think about it Meer and Gil are the SAME player Shoot first type...but the difference with Gil is that he managed to net almost 8 assists a game so IMO Meer is a middle-class man's Arenas....Don't think this deal is even true but if it is i don't know how we can have Jameer and Arenas on the same team but if we trade Meer wouldn't that piss off Dwight?