Sign in to follow this  
Jordan-esque

Matt Barnes - Major Signing Announcement Tomorrow

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Why give up Mp? Lets get rid of Bass..

Peaches is soft as cotton but can shoot the rock. Bass is a strong 250 lbs of man. But what can he do for us ? He is way to small for his labeled pf position. He is very athletic but his game just don't fit our team.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

IF he comes back to Orlando and we match Redick then Pietrus is GONE! Our lineup next season would be

PG: Jameer Nelson/Chris Duhon/(Vet Minimum)

SG: Vince Carter/J.J. Redick

SF: Q-Rich/Matt Barnes

PF: Rashard Lewis/Ryan Anderson/Brandon Bass

C: Dwight Howard/Marcin Gortat/Daniel Orton

lol so peitrus' deal will expire with 2 years left?

quote:

MP > Barnes .

True, but if Barnes comes 3 mil cheaper. And i would say MP has a better offensive game, but Barnes is a better one on one defender. And at that position, i think we need defense with all the scorers we have.

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

quote:

MP > Barnes .

True, but if Barnes comes 3 mil cheaper. And i would say MP has a better offensive game, but Barnes is a better one on one defender. And at that position, i think we need defense with all the scorers we have.

barnes was one of my fav players at the beginning of the season, but during the end and during the playoffs he didn't bring the intensity he's known for.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNative72:

quote:

Why give up Mp? Lets get rid of Bass..

Peaches is soft as cotton but can shoot the rock. Bass is a strong 250 lbs of man. But what can he do for us ? He is way to small for his labeled pf position. He is very athletic but his game just don't fit our team.

Pietrus is soft? I don't really understand that considering he is a close up, physical defender who is usually assigned to the best wing player on the opposing team.

Bass is small for PF? Have you seen that guy's wingspan? He can play C for stretches and guard 7 footers. Wingspan is more important then height in basketball. I suspect you don't really know what you are talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

He'll announce it via Ustream while being interviewed by Stephen A. Smith.

WHAT???? PBS is not going to like this.....

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

I think he stays here for the BAE, and then we dump Bass and MP salary.

This guy, Flash Thompson, he probably deserved what happened. But just because you can beat him up doesn't give you the right to. Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility.

You're pathetically predictable, like a moth to the flame. What about my generous proposal? Are you in or are you out?

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

IF he comes back to Orlando and we match Redick then Pietrus is GONE! Our lineup next season would be

I meant they would most likely trade him.

quote:
And i would say MP has a better offensive game, but Barnes is a better one on one defender

Pietrus is the best wing defender on our team. He is better then Barnes and should have rotated against Pierce with Rashard, while Barnes sat out and rested his injured back.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

I meant they would most likely trade him.

word, your lineup didn't reflect it, i think we keep the mp, he does what we need him to do and he has a healthy back.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
And i would say MP has a better offensive game, but Barnes is a better one on one defender

Pietrus is the best wing defender on our team. He is better then Barnes and should have rotated against Pierce with Rashard, while Barnes sat out and rested his injured back.

By best wing defender you mean the only player that constantly falls for the kobe and pierce head fakes and then fouls them? If thats your definition, then I completely agree.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

By best wing defender you mean the only player that constantly falls for the kobe and pierce head fakes and then fouls them? If thats your definition, then I completely agree.

The funny thing is that you talk about basketball like you know something about it.