Sign in to follow this  
Jordan-esque

Matt Barnes - Major Signing Announcement Tomorrow

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Back on topic, anyone hear anything on this? Wasn't "this" (whatever "this" was supposed to be) supposed to go down yesterday?

he promised some other big deal signing or something at some point via tweet... maybe he's drunk when he's doing this stuff.

hahahahaa - it would explain so much.

Dont read into him being in Cali as an indicator to his team choice... He has a house in LA and i believe he lives there in the offseason. I wouldnt be suprised if he just went wherever the hell J-Will goes bc they are bff. Do u think the Black Mamba and the Brown Mongoose can co-exist??? probably but i wish we could keep him...

quote:
Originally posted by Chi Town Hustler:

I heard on 620 am radio today that he's going to Boston. Not sure if it's true, though.

Boston gets my vote.. If he went to Miami that wouldn't be what I consider surprising..

I can't imagine him going to LA to join Kobe and Odom who he butted heads with last season.. but that would be surprising I guess..

We shall see..

Good Luck Barnes, and thanks for opting out so we could upgrade the depth at the 3 (and maybe the 2)for about the same money..

quote:
Originally posted by zollman1:

quote:
Originally posted by Chi Town Hustler:

I heard on 620 am radio today that he's going to Boston. Not sure if it's true, though.

Boston gets my vote.. If he went to Miami that wouldn't be what I consider surprising..

I can't imagine him going to LA to join Kobe and Odom who he butted heads with last season.. but that would be surprising I guess..

We shall see..

Good Luck Barnes, and thanks for opting out so we could upgrade the depth at the 3 (and maybe the 2)for about the same money..

Not gonna get a better player for that money. Hes gonna be one of those ex players who ran out of money and is broke a few years after they retire if he doesnt do something fast.

Matt Barnes started most of his career and he makes like 5Xs less than most of our bench players lol

quote:
Couple new teams just jumped n2 the game, so I'm sorry 2 say ima have 2 get back 2 you. Ill let yall know something with in the nxt few days

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

quote:
Couple new teams just jumped n2 the game, so I'm sorry 2 say ima have 2 get back 2 you. Ill let yall know something with in the nxt few days

Things have changed now that we matched Redick. I guess other teams thought we weren't going to match, now they are inquiring about Barnes?

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

quote:

Things have changed now that we matched Redick. I guess other teams thought we weren't going to match, now they are inquiring about Barnes?

What difference would that make??

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

quote:

Well, for Matt's sake I hope he gets a decent deal somewhere.. I think he deserves more than the Vet Min..

It would be a shame if he opted out of a deal to try and get more money and actually end up getting Less than if he just would have stayed here..

quote:

quote:

Matt is one of the few guys who really deserve more money. I wouldnt be mad if his number one goal is to get more money instead of winning championships. Hes been cheated his whole career in terms of contract and player worth. There comes a point where enough is enough. When you are guarding the best player on the court the entire game and during a timeout your talking to your fellow team member who hasnt played all game, sits on the bench and makes 10Xs more than you (Gortat). Deep down inside it would bother me.

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

quote:

quote:

Matt is one of the few guys who really deserve more money. I wouldnt be mad if his number one goal is to get more money instead of winning championships. Hes been cheated his whole career in terms of contract and player worth. There comes a point where enough is enough. When you are guarding the best player on the court the entire game and during a timeout your talking to your fellow team member who hasnt played all game, sits on the bench and makes 10Xs more than you (Gortat). Deep down inside it would bother me.

I agree. The man deserves to get paid. I hope he does and I'll miss him as a Magic.