Sign in to follow this  
Miguel3107

IF CP3 deal goes on, what we should do with Okafor?

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

If we were to steal CP3 and get Okafor, I would want to keep Okafor as well. He is just the 4 this team needs next to Dwight. If we wanted to play the stretch offense, He can sit, and move Shard to the 4 and Q to the 3. Or if Dwight gets in foul trouble Okafor could play the 5 if Gortat is gone.

It would give us the perfect amount of flexibility. We would also have the most formidable front line in the league w/ Dwight, Okafor, and Shard.

We would also have an ungodly payroll.

Okafor is a crappy 4. That's common knowledge. He would be basically as good as Gortat, which is really nice for 10 minutes against certain teams.

That being said, he is an upgrade over Gortat as a backup C and a guy who can play next to Dwight for 10 minutes a game.

you apparently don't know what Okafors contract looks like, to play him for 10 min. a game would be the stupidest waste of money.

Oh my, were back on this again. One GM gets fired and this whole thing gets fired up again. As much as Id like to get CP, theres no way its gonna happen. Sigh...we can still dream though. It must be a slow news day...

quote:
Originally posted by Pet Doc:

Oh my, were back on this again. One GM gets fired and this whole thing gets fired up again. As much as Id like to get CP, theres no way its gonna happen. Sigh...we can still dream though. It must be a slow news day...

Lol. yes it is, but you know how it is. As soon as CP3 is mentioned in a thread everybody gets all jittery inside.

quote:
Originally posted by DHoward1214:

quote:

Lol. yes it is, but you know how it is. As soon as CP3 is mentioned in a thread everybody gets all jittery inside.

Why shouldn't??

lol

quote:
Originally posted by Miguel3107:

quote:

quote:

Why shouldn't we??

lol

i don't think there's an answer to that..

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Miguel3107:

quote:

quote:

Why shouldn't??

lol

i don't think there's an answer to that..

my bad...

If we get Chis Paul we ship Okafor to Oklahoma City in a three way.

Orlando Trades:

Vince Carter

Pietrus

Gortat

Anderson

Orlando Gets:

Chris Paul

Nick Collison

Morris Peterson

David West

New Orleans Trades

Chris Paul

David West

Emeka Okafor

New Orleans gets:

Marcin Gortat

Jeff Green

Ryan Anderson

Vince Carter

OKC Trades

Jeff Green

Morris Peterson

Nick Collison

OKC gets

Emeka Okafor

Pietrus

Isn't it beautiful Pulp Fiction I think this trade is full of win for everyone involved. Even works on Trade Checker http://www.realgm.com/src_chec....php?tradeid=5619333 Cool

Of course we would have to trade Jameer for a two guard but our new lineup would be:

PG-Paul/Duhon

SG-(New Guy)/Q Rich

SF-Lewis/Morris Peterson

PF-David West/Brandon Bass

C Dwight/Collison

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

If we get Chis Paul we ship Okafor to Oklahoma City in a three way.

Orlando Trades:

Vince Carter

Pietrus

Gortat

Anderson

Orlando Gets:

Chris Paul

Nick Collison

Morris Peterson

David West

New Orleans Trades

Chris Paul

David West

Emeka Okafor

New Orleans gets:

Marcin Gortat

Jeff Green

Ryan Anderson

Vince Carter

OKC Trades

Jeff Green

Morris Peterson

Nick Collison

OKC gets

Emeka Okafor

Pietrus

Isn't it beautiful Pulp Fiction I think this trade is full of win for everyone involved.

Except OKC. And except for the fact Mo Pete can't be combined with anyone in a trade for 60 days.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

If we were to steal CP3 and get Okafor, I would want to keep Okafor as well. He is just the 4 this team needs next to Dwight. If we wanted to play the stretch offense, He can sit, and move Shard to the 4 and Q to the 3. Or if Dwight gets in foul trouble Okafor could play the 5 if Gortat is gone.

It would give us the perfect amount of flexibility. We would also have the most formidable front line in the league w/ Dwight, Okafor, and Shard.

We would also have an ungodly payroll.

Okafor is a crappy 4. That's common knowledge. He would be basically as good as Gortat, which is really nice for 10 minutes against certain teams.

That being said, he is an upgrade over Gortat as a backup C and a guy who can play next to Dwight for 10 minutes a game.

you apparently don't know what Okafors contract looks like, to play him for 10 min. a game would be the stupidest waste of money.

I know exactly what it looks like and I also am not naive enough to think we would get Chris Paul w/out having to take on a crap contract. I also am not naive enough to think that another team is waiting with baited breath to take Okafor away from us.

Finally when I said 10 mins. I meant in a big lineup with him at PF. He would also log additional minutes backing up Dwight, which as we all know could be a lot at times since Dwight gets in foul trouble.

why would we keep jameer? and getting west too? thats too greedy.

send west to okc, give us jeff green. keep gortat and anderson, insert jameer, give us posey.

trade gortat later.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

why would we keep jameer? and getting west too? thats too greedy.

send west to okc, give us jeff green. keep gortat and anderson, insert jameer, give us posey.

trade gortat later.

I forgot about Jameer in the celebration of getting CP3. We'd need to ship him off for a starting role playing defender and slasher who can also hit the three. I'd love Green, but New Orleans wants young talent in exchange for Paul.

Taking all that Salary in exchange for a talented Trio of Green, Anderson and Gortat should be enough to pry Chirs Paul loose. OKC dosen't need West because they have Ibaka. Plus West's best chance of getting a ring is with us and he and Chris Paul are very close.

quote:
Except OKC. And except for the fact Mo Pete can't be combined with anyone in a trade for 60 days.

OKC gets a talented big man to anchor the middle and a defender/ dangerous three point shooter off the bench. I don't see why they don't pull the trigger. I'm not sure about the trade issue with Peterson as it worked in trade checker.