Sign in to follow this  
Miguel3107

IF CP3 deal goes on, what we should do with Okafor?

quote:
Originally posted by ShefGator:

I'll tell ya what we do about Okafor........

We all get drunk and party BIG TIME because it means we got CP3 on the Magic! At that point, having to take on Okafor's contract becomes an issue as small as a gnat on an elephant!

unless you're Rich DeVos

quote:
Originally posted by Miguel3107:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

it's a far stretch, i'd like to see him here, but we don't need him to make the ring happen. i'm only advocating a quick combo guard to be here before the season starts, if the paul thing happens it will be great and all, but we're not going to win a championship by how many jerseys we end up selling.

Not just that.

Chris is the best PG in the league, maybe the the 2nd(D. Williams is stronger). He improves our defense, our assist ratio and knows how to carry on a team. Don't get me wrong, I love Jameer, we fell short because our guys didn't played what they supposed to play on the ECF. I was sure that we would beat L.A.

But regardless that we do need a little improvement on our starting line up. and CP3 is what we need. Someone better than our all star point guard. The same way as I think that with Iguodala instead of Vince, we could also win it all the way. We don't need more depth. What count is down the strech, with 6 min left on the fourth quarter. If Dwight was a better FT shooter, we would need nobody else. but...

but it's a far stretch for all the reasons you noted, he's basically one of the best point guards out there, new orleans would want to receive way more than we're willing to give up for a good championship run, we've stockpiled big men that are great trading pieces yes, but i don't know if the hornets need a bunch of big men there.. the only reason we'd be taking paul is if they want to salary dump okafor, as well as restart the building there, they'd take the vince expiring, jameer, one of our big men if not both backups... and maybe even a wing like peitrus... i mean that's alot of players for a couple of guys, and looking at the heat right now they're weak at the pg and we'd get them there if we got that paul thing going, but they're especially thin up front, and keeping our bigs as they are now might be our perfect poison for such a team with a weak front line. i don't think they can even plan out big men signings at this point, just take what you can get.

quote:

quote:

quote:

it's a far stretch, i'd like to see him here, but we don't need him to make the ring happen. i'm only advocating a quick combo guard to be here before the season starts, if the paul thing happens it will be great and all, but we're not going to win a championship by how many jerseys we end up selling.

Not just that.

Chris is the best PG in the league, maybe the the 2nd(D. Williams is stronger). He improves our defense, our assist ratio and knows how to carry on a team. Don't get me wrong, I love Jameer, we fell short because our guys didn't played what they supposed to play on the ECF. I was sure that we would beat L.A.

But regardless that we do need a little improvement on our starting line up. and CP3 is what we need. Someone better than our all star point guard. The same way as I think that with Iguodala instead of Vince, we could also win it all the way. We don't need more depth. What count is down the strech, with 6 min left on the fourth quarter. If Dwight was a better FT shooter, we would need nobody else. but...

but it's a far stretch for all the reasons you noted, he's basically one of the best point guards out there, new orleans would want to receive way more than we're willing to give up for a good championship run, we've stockpiled big men that are great trading pieces yes, but i don't know if the hornets need a bunch of big men there.. the only reason we'd be taking paul is if they want to salary dump okafor, as well as restart the building there, they'd take the vince expiring, jameer, one of our big men if not both backups... and maybe even a wing like peitrus... i mean that's alot of players for a couple of guys, and looking at the heat right now they're weak at the pg and we'd get them there if we got that paul thing going, but they're especially thin up front, and keeping our bigs as they are now might be our perfect poison for such a team with a weak front line. i don't think they can even plan out big men signings at this point, just take what you can get.

457-stick-computer-typing-blood-angry-mad-dead.gif

FunnyAnimated.net - funniest gifs online

px.gif
img.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ullan:

quote:
Originally posted by ShefGator:

I'll tell ya what we do about Okafor........

We all get drunk and party BIG TIME because it means we got CP3 on the Magic! At that point, having to take on Okafor's contract becomes an issue as small as a gnat on an elephant!

unless you're Rich DeVos

Hey, it's only money (not mine, of course).

Oh, just in case 514,000 other people haven't posted it already, the trade works:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=24k7khs

yup.... Okafur and Nelson to philly for Iggy. that gives philly a center and point to build around Turner works for everyone too bad it will never happen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not just that.

I understand wahat you are saying...

But at this point, NOH should really think on restart building their roster. They were 2nd seed two seasons ago. Traded Chandler for Okafor (CP3 was injuried) and fall drastically. they should realize, hey, we are not going any further with this team and we could get some assets around the league with we trade Chris now.

Better if they trade him with an Eastern team. for sure.

Speaking of the Heat, yes they maybe will not get any bigs for now, but we have the most dominant player and they will never have one better than he is to match up. Gortat cannot play as a 4 and Bass cannot guard Bosh. Even mr. Anderson.

We need versatility and a good play maker to allow us do more than just strech the floor and shoot 3's. Paul IQ can help us doing that.

IF we really go on with this trade, sending Gortat (young talent) Carter(expiring) and Nelson (all Star caliber) for Paul, Okafor and Posey. there is a good possibility to keep Okafor and let him play alongside with Dwight. Pietrus (expiring) could go either if we get Posey

CP3/Duhon/ Vet.

Q. Rich/JJ

Lewis/Posey/Robinson

Okafor/Lewis/Anderson

Howard/Okafor/Orton

6 million less on salary cap.

quote:
Originally posted by A BETTER DJ:

I don't think NO will part with CP3 just for takiing Okafor... they are going to want to get rid of Posey too! We could use Posey for sure and I would try Okafor until the deadline just to see what happens.

If we were able to put an effective "twin towers" team on the floor it would give everybody fits but the Lakers, and we would be more competitive with them then we are right now!

THen what about this:

Hornets get:

SG Vince Carter

PG Jameer Nelson

SF Mickael Pietrus

Magic get:

PG Chris Paul

PF Emeka Okafor

SF James Posey

Our new depth chart/lineup unless they make a trade:

PG: Chris Paul/Chris Duhon

SG: J.J. Redick/Quentin Richardson

SF: Rashard Lewis/James Posey/Stanley Robinson

PF: Emeka Okafor/Ryan Anderson/Brandon Bass

C: Dwight Howard/Marin Gortat/Daniel Orton

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

If we were to steal CP3 and get Okafor, I would want to keep Okafor as well. He is just the 4 this team needs next to Dwight. If we wanted to play the stretch offense, He can sit, and move Shard to the 4 and Q to the 3. Or if Dwight gets in foul trouble Okafor could play the 5 if Gortat is gone.

It would give us the perfect amount of flexibility. We would also have the most formidable front line in the league w/ Dwight, Okafor, and Shard.

We would also have an ungodly payroll.

Okafor is a crappy 4. That's common knowledge. He would be basically as good as Gortat, which is really nice for 10 minutes against certain teams.

That being said, he is an upgrade over Gortat as a backup C and a guy who can play next to Dwight for 10 minutes a game.

quote:
Originally posted by petey:

yup.... Okafur and Nelson to philly for Iggy. that gives philly a center and point to build around Turner works for everyone too bad it will never happen

it won't happen because that's not a legal trade