magic improvement?

I like this team.

J Nelson/C Duhon

V Carter/JJ Redick

Q Richardson/M Pietrus

R Lewis/B Bass/R Anderson

D Howard/M Gortat/D Orton

+ add a couple in case of emergency guys:

Jason Williams (3d pg) or Keyon Dooling (3d pg/g) and Stanley Robertson (3d wing)

that's a really good team

+ add continuity and increased familiarity with the system and each other. This is a big factor, it is no coincidence that our run to the finals came with a team that for the most part had played together for a couple of years

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

width="480"

height="385"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

/>

/>

value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lIbwUMG7wU&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

/>

/><embed wmode="transparent"

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

allowScriptAccess="never"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lIbwUMG7wU&hl=en_US&fs=1"

width="480"

height="385"

/>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Dunking tree frog ftw

I like this team too. Magic are one of the top favorites to come out of the east. Together with Boston and Bulls (if finding chemistry goes well) and Miami (not so super dangerous in the first year).

But honestly, did Magic do anything to put themselves over Lakers gap ? Nope, up to this point, nothing yet. And it could be very difficult. Small roaster changes and signig backups won't do the trick. Dwigh would have to make monster improvement. Before 2009-10 people expected a lot from him too, but it didn't happen so much after all.

quote:
What about having a healthy Jameer Nelson for an entire season? Isn't that improvement???

wow, you've must met one hell of a fearless fortune teller. To make a divination about Meer staying healthy "for an entire season", that's brave and very bold Wink

Meer played probably his best basketball of career in first two rounds. Magic grabbed enough wins to have homecourt all the way after Cavs loss Big Grin. So Meer getting hurt didn't hurt team so much.

We surely improved our team. But we still need to be more focused in the playoffs. We still are ranked in the Top 4 in the NBA and should we take the hump (Miami) we can make it happen.

WE are an improved team and I agree with EXO I also know that the front office will do what ever it takes to make the magic a championship team, that's obvious...But I do feel a big trade coming or something, everyone in the NBA is getting settled in, and we are not getting any low 2-3 mil players and we need to lower our payout...so I feel that something is going to happen..and I hope it does not involve Gortat..

I didn't want to start a new thread, but after coming to grips with the disappointment of not making a "major splash" so far this post season i thought about the reasons for staying pat and tweaking the roster instead of over hauling it.

ALLOWING STORY LINES TO PLAY OUT

There are multiple story lines and players around the league that we need to keep an eye on as the season progresses. If they play out the way we hope we could drastically upgrade our team at the deadline. The ones i think we'll be most interested in is

1) Gilbert Arenas in Washington: Can he return from his suspension and play at a superstar level at the 2 guard spot? Many might not want arenas but he is a genuine scoring machine and would help us tremendously. If he can show us something special Otis might pull the trigger for him

2) Chris Paul is not happy being on a struggling team, and might force a trade if his team is again going nowhere. We might be able to convince N.O. to send him east.

3) Philly is another team that stands on the line between rebuilding and contending. If the deadline approaches and they are in the tank they might just be willing to start the rebuilding process sooner rather than later. Can u say Iggy and Brand for Gortat and Vince?

*There are others as well, just can't go through them all.

BOOSTING THE VALUE OF OUR TRADEABLE ASSETS

Vince, Bass, Gortat and even Peaches for various reasons came up short and have hurt their trade value. If Gortat and Vince especially can really get it together by the deadline then it will improve our chances of landing a star.

No, not the end of the world as predicted by the Mayans. Otis clearly wants to have as much cap room as possible going into 2012. Not giving Hedo the contract he wanted was a clear sign that he is reluctant to take on long contracts. He is clearly giving himself a chance at landing CP3 or another top class player going into the prime of Dwight's career. A smart move IMO.

REDEMPTION

Otis likes this team. He acquired Vince because he thought he was an upgrade on Hedo. He ended up with egg on his face because of Vince's no show in the playoffs. Rashard had a horrific year and clearly struggled meshing with Vince. If they both return to form this year we could be right there with a chance to win it all.

The magic might be a lot better this year, if they can stay healthy. Remember that last year, Pietrus was injured much of the year and never really got into a groove, the same with Carter. Lewis got off to a bad start with the suspension, and never really got into a groove. If all the players that didn't play well last year, or were injured last year, play up to their potential next season, the Magic could be really good. Plus they have another year of experience with the Magic under their belts for more continuity. We had almost a completely new team last year with all the off-season changes last year. I like to accentuate the positive. Go Magic!!

GOOD WORDS GEAVES! let's not forget 1 of our main players won't be starting the season with a 10 game suspension.we also dont have half of our roster new as we did last season. i truly believe we will be fine and i'm am pretty sure ol' otis still has some things marinating....GO MAGIC!!!!!

we will win like 60 games in the season but in the playoffs we will lose in second round because we didn`t address our issues the power forward position or the small forward position

I liked the move with VC but I was hesitant in the season. He really didn'timpress me as we went on, It Just didn't jell, and I had no positive feelings about him!! He didn't take me over the edge! just an average player if that....He is NOT going to change, it's all in his head and his head won't change it hasn't over 30 some years. VC's good - We need Great!!