Sign in to follow this  
Raven1

We are now now really starting to feel Shard"s bad contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven1:

As I watch the total domination of the Heat in the free market this year and the looming possibility that we won't be able to match the Bulls for Redick this year and even if we do these salaries are out of control and further handicaps us. It has become more apparent then ever the Shard's contract has handcuffed us more this year then ever. No one is talking of the Bulls, but they are quietly assembling a heck of a team. I'm starting to question Otis? We are not getting anything.It pains me to say this, but Riley is the man! I see us as the 3rd or 4th best team in the East.

Raven, the Magic has been a top tier team the past 3 years, due in a large part to what Otis has done. We should have won the championship the last 2 years, but bad luck or whatever kept us from doing so. Ease up on the man. We are still the team to beat. Riley may have gotten them together, but he has the advantage of a big name city. Otis has done great overall for our little town.

Plus, the summer ain't over. I'd rather wait and see before we start criticizing the team.

I do agree, Lewis should have never been paid that much. But what do you do? We went after something we felt we needed at the time...

You guys know that Orlando is the 19th largest TV market in the country and that we have plenty of room to grow to become even bigger? It's not like we're Memphis or OKC.

Plus we're in the same state as Miami, the one that has no sales tax and the best big man in the league. We still can attract talent our way better than most other teams.

quote:

just like in pro sports or sales or even a CEO for a company, It's what have you done for me lately!

Which for the Heat, so far, is nothing.

Also, you should do the math. How far under the salary CAP would we be if Shard made 6m a year less than he currently makes?

Cut Shards contract in half, right now, and we are in the exact same position with regards to signing other players. We have what's left of the MLE, and we have vet minimum contracts. The only difference is that it would be easier to trade Lewis if we wanted to move away from that direction.

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:

As I watch the total domination of the Heat in the free market this year and the looming possibility that we won't be able to match the Bulls for Redick this year and even if we do these salaries are out of control and further handicaps us. It has become more apparent then ever the Shard's contract has handcuffed us more this year then ever. No one is talking of the Bulls, but they are quietly assembling a heck of a team. I'm starting to question Otis? We are not getting anything.It pains me to say this, but Riley is the man! I see us as the 3rd or 4th best team in the East.

Wah...Wah...Wah, since Otis has become the GM here, Pat Riley's team has won what??? The Lottery..yes, one playoff appearence, yes and......................We have owned the SED for the past few years, we were the EC Champs in 09 and went back to the ECF last season, all with the Lewis contract and Otis Smith in tow, were were the Heat??? I will tell you where they were....Like Cleveland, shaking in there Boots, worried that Wade was heading out! Step away from the window, and take your finger off the panic button...we are not done by a long shot!! "NEVER SURRENDER"!

You make me want to better myself! icon_biggrin.gif

you make me want to say OHH OHH OH-OH OHH OHH OH-OH OHHHH OHHH OHHHHH OHHHH

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost of Bison Dele:

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

Yeah, Shard should go right to Otis' office and say to him, 'I wan't a pay-cut. We need to get better players'.

Yes, he should.

Magic Organization should just buy out his remaining contract and resign if possible.

But yea that would never happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Carlitos Way:

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost of Bison Dele:

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

Yeah, Shard should go right to Otis' office and say to him, 'I wan't a pay-cut. We need to get better players'.

Yes, he should.

Magic Organization should just buy out his remaining contract and resign if possible.

But yea that would never happen.

If you buy-out a player, you can't resign them.

Also, it wouldn't really accomplish anything.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

His contract will be the downfall of this team..

downfall straight to the best 3 years in franchise history?