Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hindsight

Redick offered 3 years $20m from bulls

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

JJ isn't worth that contract.

Name someone who is, who we can get this year or next, who fits our team perfectly?

What about Ronnie Brewer, Tony Allen, Wes Matthews or even Shannon Brown? These guys should be cheaper than $7mil./year and could fit in a similar role as JJ did on our team.

Now don't get me wrong - I'd really like to keep JJ but we all know that money is tight in Orlando. I think if we can somehow trade Vince our chances of matching JJ's offer sheet would look a little different though.

If we match; we have to ship Wince and start J.J. , otherwise it doesn't make sense.

sigh.... this week is starting to get really depressing sports-wise... book it that we're losing the World Cup aswell.... (if we do win; that makes up for this whole NBA offseason B-S to me)

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

RDV won't pay as much for a backup shooting guard. Otis has to now to look elsewhere.

So what does the Magic have to pay for his replacement other then what's left of the MLE or vet's min which are almost the same.

And to the poster before this one the names you have mentioned want a lot more money then the Magic can pay.

So either way the Magic are screwed if we go by your logic.

At the same time the Magic are shopping Carter's contract, that tells me that the Magic really do plan on matching. Good thing the contract offered is front loaded makes it easier to swallow after all and it's only 3 years not more. If it had been more years then I don't see the Magic matching, but it isn't.

The veterans limit is set at about 1,3 m per year. Way less than about 7m per year. I personally still hope RDV will pay as much for him, but I highly doubt it.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

If the Magic match the offer is that the end of it or can the Bulls up the offer?

if the Magic match, he is signed to Orlando.

quote:

The veterans limit is set at about 1,3 m per year. Way less than about 7m per year. I personally still hope RDV will pay as much for him, but I highly doubt it.

So what kind of player do you think the Magic could get for the vet's min to replace Redick?

Now do you understand what I was posting about. We would have a major talent drop off with the kind of player who would take the vet min.

So who would you take Redick or someone getting the vet min??

quote:
Originally posted by Rock:

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

If the Magic match the offer is that the end of it or can the Bulls up the offer?

if the Magic match, he is signed to Orlando.

Yes, sir.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

So what kind of player do you think the Magic could get for the vet's min to replace Redick?

Now do you understand what I was posting about. We would have a major talent drop off with the kind of player who would take the vet min.

So who would you take Redick or someone getting the vet min??

I fully understand your point, but since it's not up to me...

Cmon ladies and gents. I'm not prepared to live in a world where PEC is the voice of reason.

Let's see this thing play out before we go crazy.