Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hindsight

Redick offered 3 years $20m from bulls

JJ is definitely beign selfish. The super Miami guys all sacrificed like 15 millino to play togethre, while JJ wants more money.

All you people who think this is stupid, please explain how Lebron Wade Boah deserve paycuts but JJ deserves a raise.

Selfish.

quote:
I don't have a link but I remember reading an article a little after we got knocked outof he ECF of the 2010 Playoffs.

The article talked about future plans for the Magic, what heppened to VC in the Playoffs, and what's going to happen to Barnes and JJ. I remember the article qouting JJ distinctly "I don't know what my future holds, but I know I want to stay. I hate moveing/traveling. I love it here. I would rather come off the bench of a Championship Caliber team then start on a team that isin't." Or something along those lines.

Now I truly believe JJ loves it here and doesen't want to leave, and I also believe he has come such a LONG way from when we first saw his scrawny self. The question is; If he truly wants to stay on this team then why sign a 19 million dollar contract with Chicago knowing if the Magic resign him it would make it extremely difficult to bring in other talent to surroud Dwight and win the ring this year?

After thinking about it like I metioned eariler JJ deserves a pay raise but in my opinion he knew it would be a hefty penny for the Magic to match, which I find it to be a selfish move on his part.

Agree or Disagree?

Really?

Really??

quote:

This is tops for idiotic thread of the year.

Your right. Next time when makeing a Thread I'll make sure to get your approval icon_rolleyes.gif

Lakers won a championship the year before.

We didn't make it to the finals last year and Chicago is a team that's trying to improve. I'm not saying Chicago will ultimately do better than us next season, but comparing this to Artest and the Lakers is a stretch, especially considering the situation in Miami. It's not like JJ is guaranteed a trip back to the finals by staying with us.

Jeez - well, JJ'd be stupid it turn that down. Too bad: I think he'd be a better 2-guard, at this point in his career, than VC.

And down the line? Yeah - think this will be one we look back on and say: "You remember when JJ played for the Magic? What if he and Dwight had been teamed together...etc"

I think he'll be a 20ppg player.

edit: Also going to kill a lot of bench's productivity. Crap.

JJ worked his butt off for a few years and his moment has finally come. He'd be stupid not to take the offer and it's not a question of loyalty. But, in my opinion, it's a matter of Otis' loyalty to a player if he doesn't try to move Carter to allow JJ to start for us. If people think JJ would make Chicago that much better if he started there, then why not here?

I don't think we have the room, salary-wise. Unless we move Vince, and after the ECF, I don't think there's much interest.

I agree with Bravlady. He deserves what he has been offered. For any person to work harder to improve himself to become what his team wants out of him deserves a raise. How many of the "athletic" players figure they are to good to improve and how many really put in the time to make themselves better. Dwight has been told to develop his offense for how many years now?

They told JJ his defense sucked and needed to improve. Did he? When someone improves at their job and goes beyond the required qualifications they get promoted and a raise.

By the way JJ is a fan favorite because of how he plays not because he is white. He was booed his whole college career because he was white.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Jeez - well, JJ'd be stupid it turn that down. Too bad: I think he'd be a better 2-guard, at this point in his career, than VC.

And down the line? Yeah - think this will be one we look back on and say: "You remember when JJ played for the Magic? What if he and Dwight had been teamed together...etc"

you are entitled to your own opinion. the only team that would start jj reddick over vince carter is a team that only needs a shooter. other than that no way possible. jj is pretty good dont get me wrong. but he is a limited guard. almost like a ray allen, but allen can get other shots, that jj cant right now. vince carter against any other team than boston can score against anyone. two different kinds of players, but even a slowed down carter is still an better option than jj. carter showed that he can post, slash, and when his shot is falling, he can hit the 3. he has too many weapons vs jj's 1.

I think he'll be a 20ppg player.

edit: Also going to kill a lot of bench's productivity. Crap.