Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hindsight

Redick offered 3 years $20m from bulls

I think you have to let him go... Sadly enough.. Just gotta let him go... Bulls have set themselves up to do some deep pocket spending this summer we can't afford to pay JJ that much if we still have 17 mil. to Carter this year and still improve the team.

BTW:Tell D. Howard to go make some friends!!!!

he hasn't signed the offer sheet yet! This just shows Otis what's Redick's value and I think he'll extend his own offer. JJ might get more years for the same total value. He wants to stay in Orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

And to the poster before this one the names you have mentioned want a lot more money then the Magic can pay.

So either way the Magic are screwed if we go by your logic.

You are right: Unless we can find a SG that is willing to play for the rest of our MLE we are "screwed" in that regard. But that wasn't my point.

My point was that there certainly are players out there that can do the same things that JJ did for us but for less money. And IMO R.Brewer, W.Matthews and T.Allen fit that mold.

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

height="385"

width="640"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

wmode="transparent"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="640"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNBC4mC5y4&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

Redick is blasting this song on his way to IHOP this morning. LOL

I think either way Otis matches. The question will be whether he trades VC and puts JJ in starting lineup or now uses JJ as another strong trade chip to a place that would want him: Utah, Chicago, Indiana, Philly.

I have to think that with the rumors circulating our chips of JJ, VC, Gortat, Bass, Pietrus and Anderson might be able to net us some combination of Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer, Iguodala and Thaddeus Young, all of whom I would be happy with.

quote:
Originally posted by Sebi:

quote:

And to the poster before this one the names you have mentioned want a lot more money then the Magic can pay.

You are right: Unless we can find a SG that is willing to play for the rest of our MLE we are "screwed" in that regard. But that wasn't my point.

My point was that there certainly are players out there that can do the same things that JJ did for us but for less money. And IMO R.Brewer, W.Matthews and T.Allen fit that mold.

raja bell

quote:

quote:

Tony Allen is a walking mistake waiting to happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

raja bell

Yeah, Bell is another good option for us. If his wrist is all right I'm fine with picking him up. He's a good defender and he should come in cheap too. He could harass Wade and/or Lebron.