Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoDreamTeam

My Theory of our "big" move

I have been following this forum sometime and have been following the NBA and free agency. Im a huge Magic fan and know we will get the ring this year.

Here is my theory of the "big" move.

Washington- Gilbert Arenas. Washington has all but written Gilbert out of the program. They have come back lately and said they may want to pair him with John Wall but thats just build his value because they would like to get something for him. Gilbert is owed a big chunk of change. 80+ million to be exact. Washington knows Gilbert will not accept anything less than full contract for a buy out. When you take the picture of the face of your franchise player off your arena and draft the top point guard the next year it is very clear. Further more if you have a change of heart it is going to be hard to come back from that.

Here is where we come into play.

We trade Vince Carter for Gilbert Arenas straight up. Vince is due 17.3 million this season and we bank on Washington doing for us what they did for Cleveland last year. Buy Vince out. Vince would accept less because he wouldnt want to be in Washington. This saves Washington tons of money. Once Vince is bought out we offer him a 1 year min deal and add him back to the line up with Gilbert Arenas.

This offers alot of flexability to our line up. Now we can move Vince to SF and run Arenas at SG while keeping Nelson at PG.

Howard

Lewis

Carter

Arenas

Nelson

Take that Miami...

We could also run a bigger line up until Vince is resigned of if he is not resigned of:

Howard

Bass or Gortat

Lewis

Arenas

Nelson

Either way with that line up it offers the go to man in Arenas and keeps our core together.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoDreamTeam:

If it just so happens...remember I said it first..

We could give you a trophy, but just an FYI that trade scenario has been brought up before and BTW...it sucks. I can't imagine Arenas guarding Wade an entire game.

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

wmode="transparent"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX5NdToDjfk&hl=pt_BR&fs=1"

/>

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoDreamTeam:

Let Wade have his points. Lock down Lebron and Bosh and you have the same Miami team as last year. This is where resigning Barnes is needed as well as developing Bass to bog down Bosh.

Barnes can't stop LeBron.