Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Magic fan

Matt Barnes in contact with Miami Heat

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...0709,0,6673199.story

Magic starting small forward Matt Barnes, an unrestricted free agent, told the Sentinel on Friday that he's talked to the star-studded Miami Heat about joining LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

"We've been in contact with Miami," Barnes said. "No question they've added some pieces with the Big Three."

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

**** Jason williams too.

Why JWill? Otis didn't want him as backup so he's going to a better opportunity for himself in a familiar territory.

Can't knock that.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

is this matt's way of trying to get otis to offer him a contract?

yes

stop being bitter. its not like matt barnes was the magic's all star small forward. he pretty much let everyone know when he signed with this team that he was ring chasing.

how many times has he said "i came to orlando because i want to win a championship"

Matt Barnes talking about wanting a bigger contract and then signing with the Heat for the minimum would be the biggest piece of contradiction since... well, since LeBron signed with the Heat. I guess it hasn't been that long.

I like Barnes game. He would excel playing with those guys. If another team offers him a multi year deal, no matter if they are a contender or not, he's gone. Barnes is just looking for some stability.

If Barnes wants to ring chase, whatever. But he opted out for money, so leaving us for a rival for the minimum would be a huge stab in the back. It's not like we're the T-Wolves either, we've won 118 games the last two years with 23 playoff wins.