Sign in to follow this  
TragicFan

Insider info: Granger, Harrington still alive, CP3 talks dead, R. Brewer, and more!

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Escobar06:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

We need some kind of change cause that stretch 4 thing didn't get it done for the past 2 seasons....It's been proven that you need size to win in this league and whether it be Anderson at the 4 or Gortat if he's not traded

how did the stretch 4 not get it done?

Did we win a tittle?

by that logic we should trade dwight for draft picks.

We're talking about the stretch 4 not the center. It's been really good, but hasn't been enough to get it done. At least not with Rashard Lewis as the PF

no, you said the reasoning behind the stretch 4 not "getting it done" is based on the fact we didn't win a title. We also haven't won a title with dwight at center so we should change that too? right?

Flawed logic. Dwight is a center, we don't use him in an atypical fashion. In Rashard's case we do. It's logical to assume that if we move Rashard back to his more natural position, the position he played for almost a decade, and add a legit 4, we'd have more success. It may not work out, but it's a perfectly fine argument to make.

NO its perfectly sound logic.

Look, if we lost because of rebounding or defense against garnett then you could make a case for "lewis at 4 sucks". But neither was the case.

To say we need to get a traditional lineup because we didn't win a championship is horrible logic because it can be extrapolated to every franchise that has never won a championship.

Never said Lewis sucks at the four, I just feel our optimum lineup would be with him at the three.

And your logic is flawed when you include Dwight in the mix. Dwight has nothing at all to do with Lewis. Lewis is playing out of position, that IS the argument..nothing more. If you want to change your argument to include only teams that had one of their key players playing out of position and didn't win a title, fine. But you can't include all players, specifically players who are playing their natural position...just doesn't make sense.

Im sorry fellas, but we didnt win the ECF because of the stretch 4 or because of our roster or because of Vince. We lost because we dont have a leader. Boston has Garnett with him slowly passing the torch to Rondo, the Lakers have Kobe.

To be honest my oppinion is SVG didnt make the necessary changes to counter Boston or the Lakers in the Championship the year before.

Until Dwight steps up and be the man, we are gonna keep finishing 2nd.

Just makes me laugh how so many people can turn fair weather fans.

Stop worrying about what one team does or what Otis is or isnt doing. Do really any of us know what Otis is up to, NO! So stop specualting...

BTW the rumor is fake Rev called this person out on RealGM about a half hour ago...

quote:

I'm not saying that the Stretch 4 wasn't good for us but IMO every year that Shard was at the 4 he just got worse and worse...It's a shame that we couldn't see what he could do at his natural position because almost since he got here he was stuck at the 4...IF we are not going to make any significant trades then why not give shard a chance to prove why he was very productive in Seattle?

i'd argue that shard's decline was initially due to playing in a system that got him less shots. Now it has to do with age. Remember he may only be 30, but his basketball age is closer to 32. He's played in 850 regular season games.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We need some kind of change cause that stretch 4 thing didn't get it done for the past 2 seasons....It's been proven that you need size to win in this league and whether it be Anderson at the 4 or Gortat if he's not traded

how did the stretch 4 not get it done?

Did we win a tittle?

by that logic we should trade dwight for draft picks.

We're talking about the stretch 4 not the center. It's been really good, but hasn't been enough to get it done. At least not with Rashard Lewis as the PF

no, you said the reasoning behind the stretch 4 not "getting it done" is based on the fact we didn't win a title. We also haven't won a title with dwight at center so we should change that too? right?

Flawed logic. Dwight is a center, we don't use him in an atypical fashion. In Rashard's case we do. It's logical to assume that if we move Rashard back to his more natural position, the position he played for almost a decade, and add a legit 4, we'd have more success. It may not work out, but it's a perfectly fine argument to make.

NO its perfectly sound logic.

Look, if we lost because of rebounding or defense against garnett then you could make a case for "lewis at 4 sucks". But neither was the case.

To say we need to get a traditional lineup because we didn't win a championship is horrible logic because it can be extrapolated to every franchise that has never won a championship.

Never said Lewis sucks at the four, I just feel our optimum lineup would be with him at the three.

And your logic is flawed when you include Dwight in the mix. Dwight has nothing at all to do with Lewis. Lewis is playing out of position, that IS the argument..nothing more. If you want to change your argument to include only teams that had one of their key players playing out of position and didn't win a title, fine. But you can't include all players, specifically players who are playing their natural position...just doesn't make sense.

You dont understand what i'm arguing. Its not about dwight, i just used him as an example...

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Magic fan:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

The stretch 4 isn't a failure, but it bothers me that we don't use Shard at the 3 more often. Putting him full-time at PF is a disservice to his talent.

+1

I thought that was the whole reason why we signed Bass

I agree with all of this but I think the key issue this season will be the wing defenders.

I think the resigning of Barnes is now way more important. As much as I love what Redick brings he is now a liability to contend against these guys - he will be eviscerated by Wade as will VC. Before we could put him on quick guards or hide him and Jameer playing them next to Pietrus or Barnes but not against this new Miami death wing.

To beat the Heat a deep wing rotation of defensive minded stoppers to absorb fouls and slow the Wade/Lebron onslaught is important. We have to throw waves of physical players at them to wear them down. This is a must so that the offensive advantages we do have can be maximized and not put at risk by foul trouble.

Dwight and Rashard must in turn become our offensive focus and the addition of an offensive minded back up Center will also be crucial.

Size (rebounding/second chance possesions) killed us the last two post seasons but so did wing defense. This year we dont make it out of the east without a serious upgrade in defense on the wings. Our offensive upgrade has to come from current players - D12 and Rashard.

and the reason we sucked on offensive boards is because Lewis was hanging out at the 3pt line

How is SF Rashard's "natural" position? Because he played there in Seattle? Well he plays the four in Orlando and plays it well. He's not a SF, but he's forward who can play both positions. He's better fit to play the four here, but with that said he should play the three a little more based on matchups.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan12:

Well after all these BS rumors, I'm ready for football season! Let's go sixburgh! Stairway to 7!!!!!!!

LOL, tell hamburger face to enjoy his 6 game suspension. Dolphins all the way this year.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

The stretch 4 isn't a failure, but it bothers me that we don't use Shard at the 3 more often. Putting him full-time at PF is a disservice to his talent.

+1

I thought that was the whole reason why we signed Bass

I agree with all of this but I think the key issue this season will be the wing defenders.

I think the resigning of Barnes is now way more important. As much as I love what Redick brings he is now a liability to contend against these guys - he will be eviscerated by Wade as will VC. Before we could put him on quick guards or hide him and Jameer playing them next to Pietrus or Barnes but not against this new Miami death wing.

To beat the Heat a deep wing rotation of defensive minded stoppers to absorb fouls and slow the Wade/Lebron onslaught is important. We have to throw waves of physical players at them to wear them down. This is a must so that the offensive advantages we do have can be maximized and not put at risk by foul trouble.

Dwight and Rashard must in turn become our offensive focus and the addition of an offensive minded back up Center will also be crucial.

Size (rebounding/second chance possesions) killed us the last two post seasons but so did wing defense. This year we dont make it out of the east without a serious upgrade in defense on the wings. Our offensive upgrade has to come from current players - D12 and Rashard.

and the reason we sucked on offensive boards is because Lewis was hanging out at the 3pt line

no its because we take a shot then everybody except for dwight runs down to the other side of the court.

We place a premium on transition defense rather than offensive rebounds. I'd think the points we save there would be worth not getting an extra two offensive rebounds per game (which would put us in the top 5 in the league)