quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

quote:

Everyone thought I was crazy when I said LeBron would be "Pippen" over there. Everyone would also be wrong.

Didn't you also say he was NEVER going to do it?

I was (and still am) shocked that he has deciding to be "Pippen", yes.

Except that he'll be much more like KG than Pippen. Pippen and Jordan played for the team that drafted them and Pippen just happened to be the #2 option because he wasn't as good. KG was traded to the Celtics and while it was "Pierce's team", KG was still the better player and got the most shots.

That description probably is more accurate, but that's not how people are describing LeBron. It's not about the facts, it's about perception.

If it was about facts with Jordan and Pippen, why can't it be about facts with Wade and LeBron? Besides, I really could not care any less about what other people thought...

How would LeBron be "Pippen"? I'm failing to understand this. He's going to be the best player out of 3 all stars. I don't see the comparison.

This is also very different from the Boston situation. These guys are going to be entering/in their primes, while the Celts had already passed theirs.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I agree with Otis. Jordan went through 7 yrs before winning one, I can't imagine Jordan ever giving up on anything. Kobe for all his warts stuck with the Lakers through tough times and took on that challenge. Now, it may have been a little easier for him since he already had rings but these are still ultra competitive guys that accepted a challenge.

How quickly people forget that Kobe gave his organization an ultimatum and pretty much was ready to bolt to the Clippers if nothing happened. Then the Lakers pulled Gasol out of who the hell knows where. Had the Lakers not been able to pull off that trade, I think right now we'd all be talking about the similarities of those two instead of differences.

I do think he should've gone to the Bulls if Cleveland really wasn't going to be able to acquire another YOUNG player to play next to LeBron, and I do think had Bosh decided to go to Cleveland, LeBron would've stayed.

I think the biggest problem was going on National TV (an hour long special, for ****s sake) to tell everyone he was ditching his hometown.

Oh, and if you want to get into conspiracies here, you could probably make an argument that this was planned one or two years ago. I mean, LeBron couldn't have possibly signed that 1 year contract with Cleveland and realistically expected a team OVER THE CAP to get someone to play with him. Not only that, but to talk about changing his jersey number to #6 (the #23 jersey was retired in Miami some years ago) right around the time Pat Riley talked about going for all 3 of them...

anyways, do we have Chris Paul and Iggy yet smile_svgsad.png

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Everyone thought I was crazy when I said LeBron would be "Pippen" over there. Everyone would also be wrong.

Didn't you also say he was NEVER going to do it?

I was (and still am) shocked that he has deciding to be "Pippen", yes.

Except that he'll be much more like KG than Pippen. Pippen and Jordan played for the team that drafted them and Pippen just happened to be the #2 option because he wasn't as good. KG was traded to the Celtics and while it was "Pierce's team", KG was still the better player and got the most shots.

That description probably is more accurate, but that's not how people are describing LeBron. It's not about the facts, it's about perception.

If it was about facts with Jordan and Pippen, why can't it be about facts with Wade and LeBron? Besides, I really could not care any less about what other people thought...

Holy hell you're dumb. Facts and perception matched for Jordan and Pippen. LeBron is going to Wade's team, it will stay Wade's team. Wade will still be the guy.

And like I tried to say to you in the chat 100 times last night, it's not about what BMP would do. You're not the one that's all about their brand.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

How would LeBron be "Pippen"? I'm failing to understand this. He's going to be the best player out of 3 all stars. I don't see the comparison. Because it won't be his team.

This is also very different from the Boston situation. These guys are going to be entering/in their primes, while the Celts had already passed theirs. The comparison to the Boston situation is LeBron is going to a team where he is the better player (like Garnett did), but it will stay the original player's (Pierce = Wade) team regardless. It's really not that hard to figure out.

iggy=poor man's vince.

1. CP3

2. Big Al and Corey Brewer

3. No major changes until trade deadline.

+1

+1

+1000000

+infinity

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

iggy=poor man's vince.

1. CP3

2. Big Al and Corey Brewer

3. No major changes until trade deadline.

+1

+1

+1000000

+infinity

Is this a joke? Have you even seen 2010 Vince? Maybe 5-10 years ago, but even then Iggy has always been the better defender.

Either way, Iggy 2010 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wincent 2010, no contest.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

How would LeBron be "Pippen"? I'm failing to understand this. He's going to be the best player out of 3 all stars. I don't see the comparison. Because it won't be his team.

This is also very different from the Boston situation. These guys are going to be entering/in their primes, while the Celts had already passed theirs. The comparison to the Boston situation is LeBron is going to a team where he is the better player (like Garnett did), but it will stay the original player's (Pierce = Wade) team regardless. It's really not that hard to figure out.

QFT x2

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

iggy=poor man's vince.

Somebody didn't watch the Magic this past season.

QFT again

You're on a roll