Sign in to follow this  
TreyTime

The General Discussion Thread

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I turned it on for 30 secs and saw all I needed to see. If you don't see now that LeBron is the "other guy" on Wade's team you're delusional. Forget the last seven years, LeBron is Robin.

I don't know. Team USA and All-star games are different then NBA playoffs. Remember that Wade and Lebron played with team USA and did not win until Kobe came along and put them all in check. I don't think any of these guys have that mental toughness. When James said "It's going to be easy", Bosh looked like he started to cringe doing a gigantic gulp as if "Shut up lebron, don't set us up for a HUGE fall".

When they are in a 7 game series and Boston is locking them down and exploiting them on defense, it may all implode. This is why I don't think Spolestra will be the coach come playoff time.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:

I turned it on for 30 secs and saw all I needed to see. If you don't see now that LeBron is the "other guy" on Wade's team you're delusional. Forget the last seven years, LeBron is Robin.

I don't know. Team USA and All-star games are different then NBA playoffs. Remember that Wade and Lebron played with team USA and did not win until Kobe came along and put them all in check. I don't think any of these guys have that mental toughness. When James said "It's going to be easy", Bosh looked like he started to cringe doing a gigantic gulp as if "Shut up lebron, don't set us up for a HUGE fall".

I think Bosh is the most humble of them 3..lol..He did have a strong facial expression after Lebron was talking with all that confidence.

Can you imagine Jordan saying, "It's going to be easy"? Or even wanting it to be easy?

Do these idiots not see that winning loses its value when it's easy?

quote:
Cowardice - lack of courage to face danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.

The Cavs signed and traded LeBron.

The Raptors signed and traded Bosh.

They somehow now have an MLE I heard, which is being partly spent on resigning Haslem (yeah, guess they're over the cap now, dunno how that's legal).

The last ten minutes has convinced me the NBA is fixed, I don't know the CBA too well, but from what I know of it it looks like the Heat are breaking every rule of it and being allowed to.

EDIT: After consulting with L4TW, the guy who is telling me this is full of ****, disregard. The part about the S&T's is true though.

quote:

The Cavs signed and traded LeBron.

The Raptors signed and traded Bosh.

They somehow now have an MLE I heard, which is being partly spent on resigning Haslem (yeah, guess they're over the cap now, dunno how that's legal).

The last ten minutes has convinced me the NBA is fixed, I don't know the CBA too well, but from what I know of it it looks like the Heat are breaking every rule of it and being allowed to.

They did? Aren't those just rumors? How the hell does Gilbert say all those things then agrees to a sign and trade? I'll believe it when I see it. And no, they don't have a mid-level exception. They can't because they were under the cap. Only teams over the cap receive the exceptions.

http://twitter.com/pdcavsinsider

quote:
Cavs also will receive a trade exception of up to $16 million. Appears they will not renounce FAs to get under cap and will take exception

4 minutes ago via web

#Cavs sign-and-trade deal with the Heat for #LeBron has not been finalized but will happen. Sources say Cavs will get 4 picks: 2 1st, 2 2nd

15 minutes ago via web

quote:
As for Chris Bosh(notes), double zero isn't happening. CNBC's Darren Rovell reported that the former Toronto big man/mascot doppelganger will be wearing No. 1 in Miami, joining such legends as Travis Best, Rod Strickland and Loren Woods(notes), and taking the number from outgoing swingman Dorell Wright(notes). Wearing 1 is a good choice for Bosh. Not only will it help him look even skinnier, it'll also help him avoid living in the shadow of Tony Delk, who wore No. 00 that one time he scored 53 points.

I found that amusing...carry on.

Oh, I stopped following LeBron since I went to work this morning...

anyways, if they're doing this, I'm assuming the Heat are really counting on vets to join, because they will not be able to offer much money left (I'm also assuming Wade and Bosh will be taking pay cuts as well).

http://twitter.com/pdcavsinsider

quote:
#Cavs appear ready to move on. Sources say there's been progress made in a sign-and-trade with the Heat for LeBron. No deal yet.

quote:
Raptors got two first rounders from Heat (one was their own pick back) for Bosh, have to assume the Cavs demanded more.

quote:
May not seem like a savory deal to get James more money but Cavs are now in asset collection business. Like I said, moving on.

quote:
#Cavs sign-and-trade deal with the Heat for #LeBron has not been finalized but will happen. Sources say Cavs will get 4 picks: 2 1st, 2 2nd

quote:
Cavs also will receive a trade exception of up to $16 million. Appears they will not renounce FAs to get under cap and will take exception

quote:
The trade exception will last a year but look for the Cavs to start looking on the trade market for a significant piece, sources say.