Sign in to follow this  
Optimus Prime

Knicks and Magic trade talks go on!

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

More biting remarks from Otis:

In an informal meeting with the media at RDV SportsPlex today, Smith was asked if he felt like the balance of power had shifted from the Western Conference to the Eastern Conference. "I've heard that a few times and I'm trying to see the power shifting," he said, but he pointed out that the L.A. Lakers are "still the best team in our league."

To prove his point, he asked if Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was retiring. Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel said, "No, he's going to the Heat," which elicited laughter among the assembled media.

But Smith topped him in his response. "Well, he's already proved he can win [a championship] on his own!" he said. "Oops! My bad." That remark speaks to the popular idea circulating throughout the basketball world that James hurt his legacy, as even if he wins multiple titles with the Heat, he will have done so with two other superstars at his side.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpo...c-media-availability

smile_svgsad.png

Magic Fins,

I have absolutely nothing against beer - in fact, I prefer to hang out with people who imbibe on occasion (usually they are more fun than those who don't). I'm not a big fan of people who set out to get wasted, because that tells me they can't have fun without the assistance of a foreign substance (the Barry Bonds of Enjoyment, or something to that effect). I myself enjoy the occasional margarita or fruity adult beverage, but can't stand beer - perhaps brought on by a childhood of drinking sweet soda. At any rate, give me a sweet tea any day of the week.

Here ends the tangent.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

More biting remarks from Otis:

In an informal meeting with the media at RDV SportsPlex today, Smith was asked if he felt like the balance of power had shifted from the Western Conference to the Eastern Conference. "I've heard that a few times and I'm trying to see the power shifting," he said, but he pointed out that the L.A. Lakers are "still the best team in our league."

To prove his point, he asked if Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was retiring. Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel said, "No, he's going to the Heat," which elicited laughter among the assembled media.

But Smith topped him in his response. "Well, he's already proved he can win [a championship] on his own!" he said. "Oops! My bad." That remark speaks to the popular idea circulating throughout the basketball world that James hurt his legacy, as even if he wins multiple titles with the Heat, he will have done so with two other superstars at his side.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpo...c-media-availability

smile_svgsad.png

icon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Magic Fins,

I have absolutely nothing against beer - in fact, I prefer to hang out with people who imbibe on occasion (usually they are more fun than those who don't). I'm not a big fan of people who set out to get wasted, because that tells me they can't have fun without the assistance of a foreign substance (the Barry Bonds of Enjoyment, or something to that effect). I myself enjoy the occasional margarita or fruity adult beverage, but can't stand beer - perhaps brought on by a childhood of drinking sweet soda. At any rate, give me a sweet tea any day of the week.

Here ends the tangent.

icon_biggrin.gif Trust me, you didn't have to submit an explanation to me. I just always loved that quote. Margaritas are good!

Oh hey, since this is the Harrington thread (technically) I suppose I can offer this little tidbit to get it back onto topic:

Magical said Harrington is so un-exciting, he and his buddies only discussed it briefly, and basically said he'd be a good bench scorer. Apparently Stan likes him, but he's somewhere around plan D.

Rev, got any word on Gortat? Because him being moved seemed to be the most realistic thing on the forums the last few days...

quote:

Oh hey, since this is the Harrington thread (technically) I suppose I can offer this little tidbit to get it back onto topic:

Magical said Harrington is so un-exciting, he and his buddies only discussed it briefly, and basically said he'd be a good bench scorer. Apparently Stan likes him, but he's somewhere around plan D.

Which is interesting in its own right, really: who's Plan A?

As I said elsewhere, Otis is working on multiple things for Gortat. Obviously I don't have any sources elsewhere across the league, so I don't know if these offers are being considered, but he has talked to Minny about Jefferson/Brewer, to OKC about Green or Collison, to Philly about Iggy, among others.

quote:

As I said elsewhere, Otis is working on multiple things for Gortat. Obviously I don't have any sources elsewhere across the league, so I don't know if these offers are being considered, but he has talked to Minny about Jefferson/Brewer, to OKC about Green or Collison, to Philly about Iggy, among others.

So basically everything that has been proposed on this forum?

Cool. icon_smile.gif