The official PANIC!!!!!!!!! SUPER TEAM IN THE DIVISION!!!! Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

let's be realistic.

without a major addition we are no threat to Miami

lets be realistic.

We're an elite team. We're a threat even if we make no moves other than resigning JJ.

Elite-100%. Still lose in the playoffs to that team-100%. We have NO chance beating that team in a 7 game series as currently constructed. And honestly, I don't know if CP3 would be enough if we have to give up say jameer, carter and gortat (and thats the dream scenario.)

quote:
Originally posted by thelead:

Elite-100%. Still lose in the playoffs to that team-100%. We have NO chance beating that team in a 7 game series as currently constructed. And honestly, I don't know if CP3 would be enough if we have to give up say jameer, carter and gortat (and thats the dream scenario.)

Um, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

That 1/5 pick and roll would be devastating, especially with the way Paul can penetrate the lane and score.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by thelead:

Um, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

That 1/5 pick and roll would be devastating, especially with the way Paul can penetrate the lane and score.

I would too. I'm saying that I still would favor Miami by a bit even with that trade, not that I wouldn't pull the trigger.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

lewis, you are living in pollyanna world bud

just saying there's a difference between saying we likely wont win against them and we have 0 chance against them.

Cavs Fan Telling it like it is

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

width="640"

height="385"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

/>

/>

value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4GBs4A9MNM&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

wmode="transparent"

allowScriptAccess="never"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4GBs4A9MNM&hl=en_US&fs=1"

width="640"

height="385"

/>

Let's be logical here...oh wait, logic doesn't count on these boards. Anyway, the Magic have 4 regular season games against the Heat and 60+ against other teams. How can the Heat be a threat to the Magic? The Heat by far will not be a perfect team. They don't have the coach to do that. But regardless the Heat can only be a threat if Stan and the Magic let them.

It won't be a piece of cake, but the Magic can't be intimidated by this conglomeration of egos and suckers. The Heat are like the Yankees loading up on talent to buy a championship. It's what they do with that talent that measures success. Lebron has an achille's heel. He quits when the pressure is on. Wade and Bosh make him look bad and he'll quit on the Heat as well.

This marriage with Lebron, Bosh, and Wade is short lived. I give it the first year and if they don't live up to the hype it will crash and burn.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

Let's be logical here...oh wait, logic doesn't count on these boards. Anyway, the Magic have 4 regular season games against the Heat and 60+ against other teams. How can the Heat be a threat to the Magic? The Heat by far will not be a perfect team. They don't have the coach to do that. But regardless the Heat can only be a threat if Stan and the Magic let them.

It won't be a piece of cake, but the Magic can't be intimidated by this conglomeration of egos and suckers. The Heat are like the Yankees loading up on talent to buy a championship. It's what they do with that talent that measures success. Lebron has an achille's heel. He quits when the pressure is on. Wade and Bosh make him look bad and he'll quit on the Heat as well.

This marriage with Lebron, Bosh, and Wade is short lived. I give it the first year and if they don't live up to the hype it will crash and burn.

Bad comparison with the yankees because if i remember last year. They won the chip.

quote:

Anyway, the Magic have 4 regular season games against the Heat and 60+ against other teams. How can the Heat be a threat to the Magic?

Once the regular season is over, there is a tournament known as the NBA playoffs, where the best 8 teams in the Eastern Conference would compete to go to the NBA Finals. The Magic and Heat would be two of these teams competing, likely against each other at some point.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:

Anyway, the Magic have 4 regular season games against the Heat and 60+ against other teams. How can the Heat be a threat to the Magic?

Once the regular season is over, there is a tournament known as the NBA playoffs, where the best 8 teams in the Eastern Conference would compete to go to the NBA Finals. The Magic and Heat would be two of these teams competing, likely against each other at some point.

Or not. As I have already posted three players do not make a team. Plus the last time I checked the Heat pg is not the best. Nelson beat up on him how many times. Get real.

They (the Heat) are going to need a lot more then what they have and with the Miller signing they will only have the vets min left to sign anyone else.

Yes the Yankee's won it all, but not at first it took a while as I recall.